Applications are open for the 2022 International Monetary Fund (IMF) Fellowship Program.
The 2022 IMF Youth Fellowship Program provides an opportunity for young participants to become part of the global efforts to build forward better and join the IMF at the forefront of the response to the global economic challenges.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host: International Monetary Fund (IMF)
- Category: Training | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Training | Mentorship | Networking
- Deadline: August 20, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Participants will have virtual access to the IMF Annual Meetings and participate in virtual training led by IMF experts and development professionals to boost their knowledge and communications skills and share their views on the current economic environment, focusing on addressing inclusive growth, food insecurity, inflation, and climate change while building a better future for youth.
- The workshop and engagements will be virtual.
Phase I: Fellowship program will open to all via application form on the contest website.
August 20 (11:59 PM ET) – Deadline for applications
August 22 – Committee’s selection process begins
Week of September 12 – Shortlisted participants announcement
- Phase II: Selected participants will join a capacity building program during the Annual Meetings.
- October 10 & 11 – Workshops on current global economic issues focusing on inclusive growth, food insecurity and climate change and sessions on communications skills
- Attending the Annual Meetings seminars and events is encouraged to gain broader understanding and knowledge of current economic issues facing the world
- October 13 – Group presentations on selected topics
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the IMF Fellowship, you must:
Be between ages 20-35
Demonstrate experience in one or more of the following:
Social activism and/or engaging with a civil society organization
Entrepreneurship and/or participating in a start-up
Content creation and/or contributing to independent platforms
- Have knowledge and expertise in international studies, basic economics and development issues particularly on inclusive economic growth, food security, inflation, and climate change
- Be student or graduate in the field of international relations, development, communications, journalism, economics, or related fields
- Have basic knowledge of English (for the training program and Annual Meetings coverage)
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-US: 2023 John Carroll University Merit Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Toronto School of Management (TSoM) Scholarship For International Students
Unique and rewarding opportunity for young professionals to meet scholars, activists, leaders and experts while creating lasting connections with other youth fellows from around the world
Participation in workshops and discussions with senior IMF staff on current global economic issues including inclusive growth, food insecurity, and climate change
Virtual access to the Annual Meetings seminars and events
Becoming part of the IMF Youth Network to connect with previous IMF Youth Fellows and stay informed of future opportunities, events and publications
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Statement of Purpose (not more than 250 words)
- Innovation aim (not more than 300 words)
Method of Application
Interested candidates should complete the online application form.
Deadline: January 15, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region