Applications are open for the Jemila Abubakar Memorial Essay (JAME) Competition 2022. Undergraduate students in tertiary institutions in Nigeria are invited to submit essays on the topic: Criminalization of Suicidal Attempts in Nigeria: To stay or to go.
Ms Jemila Abubakar was the pioneer Project Manager of the Asido Foundation and she was a selfless angel who was passionate about mental health advocacy. Sadly, she passed on after a brief illness in July 2020.
The Asido Foundation plans to keep her memory alive through this Annual Essay Competiton for undergraduates of all Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria. The theme will always be on a topical mental health issue.
The Asido Foundation (AF) is a not-for-profit charity organization that seeks to counter the ocean of ignorance around mental health by providing evidence – based information, and engaging in advocacy and intervention activities aimed at improving the mental health needs of the Nigerian population.
To be considered for the competition, you must note:
- Open to Undergraduates in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions;
- Entries should range from 750 to a maximum of 1,500 words;
- Entries should be 70% original as there will be plagiarism check.
- 1st Place: N200,000
- 2nd Place: N150,000
- 3rd Place: N100,000
- Top 15 entries will be presented with awards of excellence.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- passport photograph,
- evidence of studentship, and
- your evidence of having taken the unashamed pledge.
- In the email, kindly include your name, school, course of study/level and your contact details.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should submit using the link below.