The fellowship programme gives young graduate the chance to upgrade their skills and develop a career in the most sought after industry in the world.
In 1967, Kaduna became the North Central State’s capital, created from the Northern Region. By 1976, General Murtala Mohammed gave the state its name. In 1987, the military administration of General Ibrahim Babangida created the state of Katsina from Kaduna. Interestingly, the Nok tribe, one of Africa’s earliest civilisations, is located within the area that makes up Kaduna.
The 2022 Kaduna Data Science Fellowship Programme is an opportunity to develop necessary skills to work with the Public Sector across Health, Education, Agriculture and Infrastructure to make impact through the use of data.
The fellowship also aims to contribute to development planning, public policy, and use of data for evidence based decision making in the Health Sector.
- Age: 18yrs – 35yrs except for exceptional cases
- Location: The State of residence must be in Kaduna
- Academic Qualifications: Graduate of Tertiary Institutions in any of the STEMS courses particularly: Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Physical Sciences, and any other health related discipline. Undergraduates within the STEM fields identified who are doing their 6months to 1 year Internships are also encouraged to apply.
- Competency Level: We are looking for people with the following skills:
- Basic Computer Knowledge
- Basic Knowledge around using Data & Understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Problem Solving Skills
- Communication Skills(Written and Verbal English)
- Gender: 50% gender balancing and distribution will be considered during selection process.
Fellowship Duration and Reward
Participants of the programme will benefit from the following:
- A chance to upgrade your skills and develop a career in the most sought after industry in the world.
- An opportunity to work with a team of public policy experts, Data Analysts to contribute to development planning, public policy, and use of data for evidence based decision making in the Health Sector.
- 6 months fully paid internship programme with industry leaders and stakeholders within the health sector.
- Model data using Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning tools within the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab.
- Build a sustainable network within the Data Science Ecosystem.
The Programme is expected to last for a 6-month period divided into a 3-months intensive training programme and a 3-months paid internship, where participants would have an opportunity to work closely with the Amina J. Mohammed SDGs Data Lab under the Kaduna State Bureau of Statistics. Fellows will also be posted to MDAs especially the State Ministry of Health and Other Agencies to support in data coordinating effort that will provide impact to society.
Method of Application
- Step 1: Fill and Submit the application form
- Step 2: You will receive an email with an activation link
- Step 3: Click the activation link to activate your profile
- Step 4: Create a new password then Login to your profile
- Step 5: Write an easy of not more than 250 words. Why you should be selected for the programme, and Upload a valid means of identification (i.e Voters card, National ID Card, Driver’s License or International Passport) NB: Image type should be .jpg
- Step 6: You will get a confirmation status of your application
- Step 7: If successful, then you will be contacted to take a Computer Based Test
- Step 8: If successful, then you will be contacted to upload a video introducing yourself, stating why you applied and why you should be accepted into the programme.
- Step 9: If successful, then you will be contacted to attend a One on One Interview with the Selection Panel.
- Step 10: Join the Pioneer Cohort for the Fellowship Programme
Click on the button below to commence your application.