Canon Collins Trust / Joel Joffe LLB scholarships is an opportunity to enhance your academic and leadership skills through organized events and a paid internship at a public interest law firm for approximately five months after your graduation.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
These scholarships are offered in memory of Joel Joffe, who was Nelson Mandela’s lawyer in the 1963/4 Rivonia Trial. He played a crucial role in the struggle for democracy in South Africa. The Trust continues to build on his legacy, inspiring others to do as much as possible to realise human rights and reduce poverty.
Table of Contents
Canon Collins Trust invites applications from current 3rd year students (going into their 4th year in 2024) studying for an LLB at the University of the Western Cape or the University of Fort Hare. Provision of fund of R40,000 towards the last year of LLB studies.
Applicants must be:
- a national of, and normally resident in, South Africa
- in possession of a strong academic record and extra-curricular involvement
- a current undergraduate 3rd year student of Law at the University of .
Please apply only if you are eligible and meet ALL of the above criteria.
Duration and Reward
The Joel Joffe scholarship includes:
- R40,000 towards the last year of your LLB study
- a paid internship at Equal Education Law Centre or Legal Resources Centre after the completion of LLB study
- an opportunity to enhance your academic and leadership skills through organised events
Method of Application
To apply, interested and qualified applicants should click on the box created below.
The deadline for applications is at 15:00 GMT on 9 October 2023. Late applications will not be considered.