Carrington Youth Fellowship (CYFI) Entrepreneurship Program is aimed at equipping student entrepreneurs in tertiary institutions with the skills, knowledge, and network to adapt to the changing business environment, innovate, and scale business towards promoting youth employment and economic growth.
The Carrington Youth Fellowship Initiative, CYFI, is a dynamic youth-based initiative launched in 2011 by the U.S. Consulate General, Lagos.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
The aim of the program is to empower our members and young Nigerians with proactive engagement, training, collaboration and networking opportunities that promote careers development, and build organizations, and drive active citizenry.
Project FARMTITUDE provides selected youth with the knowledge, skills, tools, and network to start and build sustainable and scalable crop-based agricultural enterprises. These participants will work in groups, have access to demonstration farms, provided with start up kits and be exposed to a range of partners within the agriculture value chai
To be considered for this program, you must:
- Be new to UBC, entering directly from secondary school.
- Be an international student who will be studying at UBC on a Canadian study permit (student visa). (Changes to your citizenship status will affect your IMES eligibility.)
- Demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and intellectual promise, as well as impressive extracurricular and community involvement.
- Not be nominated for a need-and-merit-based International Scholars award.
- Apply to UBC by January 15.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Duration and Reward
- Develop relevant knowledge and skills for business growth and success
- Networking opportunities
- Access to business support services and communities
- Mentorship from seasoned industry-specific business professionals
- Pitching opportunity to raise investment for your business
Timeline for the application process to be completed:
- June 16: Application Opens
- June 30: Applications Closes
- July 14: Semi-finalists Notified
- July 28: Finalists Notified
- August 2023: Program Commences
- November 2023: Pitch/Demo Day
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below