DAAD In-Country/In-Region Scholarship aims at fostering strong, internationally oriented higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa with the capacity to contribute to sustainable development.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
To this end, scholarships are granted for development-related Master or doctoral studies for individuals who plan to pursue a career in teaching and / or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- Host: German Government | DAAD
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Sub-Sahara African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Allowance | Travel Allowance
- Deadline: July 11, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
By training future academic and professional leaders, the programme contributes to the following long-term impacts:
- Qualified professionals’ involvement in the solution of development-related problems in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Graduates strengthening education and research in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Structural strengthening and regional networking of partner institutions and partner universities.
To achieve these long-term impacts, the following outcomes have been formulated as programme objectives:
Programme objective 1: Graduates have qualified to take over responsible positions in their, or for their, region of origin
Programme objective 2: The participation of women and underprivileged groups is reinforced
Programme objective 3: Organizational, financial and personal capacities of partner institutions are strengthened
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- The target group for DAAD In-Country/In-Region scholarships are graduates and postgraduates from Sub-Saharan Africa with a first academic degree if applying for a Master’s programme, or with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country (so called In-Country scholarships) or in another Sub-Saharan African country (In-Region scholarships).
- Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Monthly allowance
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Tuition fees
Only applicable for In-Region scholarship holders:
- Travel allowance
- Health insurance
For further information, please see the call for applications of the degree programme you wish to apply for.
DAAD In-Country/In-Region Funding is provided for the usual duration of a course – generally, up to two years for Masters and up to three years for the PhD degree programmes
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below
Please find below the list of degree programmes funded within this scholarship programme in the regions West and Central Africa, Eastern Africa and Southern Africa, including the links to the respective calls for applications.