European University Institute(EUI) Young African Leaders Programme is aimed at mid-career African public servants, journalists, entrepreneurs and civil society leaders.
The School of Transnational Governance (STG) is looking for applicants with a keen interest in pan-African issues, including peace, security and governance; gender and inclusiveness; migration and mobility; education, science, and skills development.
Other issues on the programme’s agenda are climate change and resilience; the private sector, trade and investments; technology and digital transformation; and public health.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
The Young African Leaders Programme (YALP) of the EUI School of Transnational Governance (STG) provides a unique opportunity for aspiring leaders from Africa to further develop their policy work and professional skills amidst international experts and global leaders.
In the dynamic academic environment of the European University Institute (EUI) in Florence, selected participants will take part in seminars, trainings and skills development sessions, conferences, and study visits in Europe. Interaction with the other fellows, policymakers and the academic community at the EUI will make this a highly enriching experience.
- The EUI School of Transnational Governance (EUI/STG) Young African Leaders Programme targets mid-career, high potential policy-makers, diplomats, and professionals from Africa, working in national and local authorities, regional, continental, international organisations and development partners, civil society organisations, academia, media and private sector, in Africa.
- More precisely, the Programme is open to young female and male professionals, mid-career and executives alike, who are nationals of African countries, residing in Africa and are under the age of forty-five.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Duration and Reward
- The basic grant is € 2,500 per month.
- Successful applicants who receive other grants or salaries must disclose this to the EUI. The amount of the grant will be fixed at a lower rate depending on the amount of the additional income (upon production of relevant supporting documents).
- If applicable, family allowances will be added to the basic grant.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants shsould apply using the link below.