Lagos State University (LASU) Alumni Scholarship is introduced by the Alumni Association UK Branch with the aim of aiding 50 students with tuition fees, the scholarship supports the VC’s 5th strategic goal of enhancing student welfare.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Lagos State University Alumni Association, UK branch, in its endeavour to give back to its alma mater and support the institution’s goals, has introduced a scholarship scheme.
This announcement was made official during the 300th Statutory Meeting of the Lagos State University Senate on 27th July 2023. Prof. Ibiyemi OLATUNJI-BELLO, mni, NPOM, the Vice-Chancellor, presented this noteworthy initiative.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
Lagos State University, also known as LASU, is located in Ojo, with sub-campuses at Ikeja and Epe both towns in Lagos State, Nigeria.
The University was established during the Administration of Late Lateef Kayode Jakande. The university offers diploma, degree and post graduate programmes, including an MBA programme.
LASU was ranked among the top 600 universities in the world by in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings for 2020. On 23 June, 2021, LASU emerged as the best young university in Nigeria having been below the age of 50 years.
To be considered for the Scholarship, you must:
- Must be a full-time LASU undergraduate student.
- Must be within the third semester in year one going into second year to fifth year of study.
- Must have completed and passed all components of current year.
- Must have maintained a minimum of a 3.5 cumulative GPA;
- Based on your academic transcript.
- Based on any testimonies to scholarly excellence.
- Must be of good behaviour with no history of disciplinary action.
- Demonstrate financial need with tuition fees;
- Based on the financial information provided in the Application.
- Based on the information provided in the letter of recommendation.
- The reinforced narrative is provided in the essay.
- Must not be the immediate family member of any current employee or trustee of LASU.
- These awards would not be applicable for those on Stream 2 programmes.
- Must complete the application form in full.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-Slovakia: 2024 Government of Slovak Republic National Scholarship Program For International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Objective of the Scholarship Programme
Named the “Lagos State University UK Scholarship Programme”, its primary aims include:
- Assistance to Struggling Students: To aid fifty select students who face challenges in paying their tuition fees.
- Financial Relief: Addressing the economic burdens faced by students unable to meet their educational expenses. This initiative also aligns with the fifth strategic goal of the Vice-Chancellor, focussed on elevating student welfare.
- Alumni Giveback: A gesture from the Alumni Association to contribute positively to their esteemed institution.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.