Mastercard United States International University Scholarship will offer academically talented youth from Africa facing financial, gender, displacement, or disability constraints an opportunity to access world class university education.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) has partnered with the Mastercard Foundation in its global Scholars Program.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
- Host: MasterCard | USIU-Africa
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accommodation | Monthly Stipend | Laptops | Other Allowance
- Deadline: February 20, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at USIU-Africa will provide full-cost scholarships to young Africans who are first-time undergraduate degree-seeking applicants.
By completion of their studies, scholars will be required to lead changes in their communities and contribute to meaningful transformation across the continent, having been equipped with internationally recognized and locally applicable qualifications.
Only youth not exceeding 29 years old in the following categories qualify:
- Young women and men.
- Refugees and displaced youth;
- Youth with disabilities.
2. Scholars must demonstrate the following qualities:
- Academic talent: They must value learning and have a personal motivation to complete their education. Must meet the university admissions requirement as per the Kenya Commission for University Education or its equivalent.
- Commitment to giving back: Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to improving their communities through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities.
- Leadership potential: Scholars must show commitment to becoming change makers, role models and mentors who embrace ethical leadership.
3. Must be interested in, and meet USIU-Africa admissions criteria and academic qualifications to undertake, any of the approved 13 undergraduate degree programs for the Scholars Program at USIU-Africa as follows:
- School of Science and Technology (SST) – Bachelor of Science in Applied Computer Technology, Bachelor of Science in Information Systems and Technology; Bachelor of Science in Data Science and Analytics, Bachelor of Science in Software Engineering
- School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (SPHS) – Bachelor of Pharmacy, Bachelor of Science in Epidemiology and Biostatistics;
- School of Communication, Cinematic and Creative Arts (SCCCA) – Bachelor of Arts in Animation, Bachelor of Arts in Film Production and Directing;
- Chandaria School of Business Administration (CSOB) – Bachelor of Science in Finance, Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration and Bachelor of Science in Accounting;
- School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) – Bachelor of Arts in International Relations and Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars at USIU-Africa will receive holistic support which includes:
- Tuition and functional fees;
- Laptops, books and other learning materials;
- Reasonable accommodation and meals;
- Medical insurance;
- Transport to and from home;
- Access to leadership training;
- Access to entrepreneurial training;
- Psycho-social support, career counselling and mentorship;
- Disability needs will be reasonably catered for.
- Release of call for applications – Friday, January 20, 2023.
- Application Deadline – Monday, February 20, 2023 at 11:59pm (East Africa Time)
**If you do not hear from us by this date; Sunday, April 30, 2023, please consider your application unsuccessful. Due to the large volumes of applications received, we are unable to give personalized feedback to all the applicants.
- The Scholars program will communicate to applicants through email and phone contact. Applicants should ensure that the phone numbers and email addresses provided are accurate and active in order to receive important information and feedback.
- After the selection process, successful applicants will be invited for a virtual or in person interview conducted by independent panels.
- Applicants who will be discovered to have provided false information during any stage of the application and selection process will be disqualified. Any attempt to influence the selection process will lead to automatic disqualification.
- The Scholars program at USIU-Africa does not work with any agents or intermediaries in the application and selection process. There are absolutely NO charges, fees or “facilitation” required at any stage of the application and selection process.
Method of Application
- Interested applicants can download the application form from the USIU-Africa website or pick the forms at no cost, from the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Office at the School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension, 2nd floor.
- Before filling in the application form, please read through all the instructions and required information.
- Submit complete application together with other supporting documents required by email ensuring that the scanned copy of the scholarship application form and all the required documents are scanned in PDF format. Clearly name while sending with your name and nationality as the email subject to: firstname.lastname@example.org or drop your application at the Scholars Program Office, located in the School of Graduate Studies, Research and Extension building at USIUAfrica, or post your application to:
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program,
United States International University – Africa,
P. O. Box 14634 – 00800, Nairobi – Kenya
- Download the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program Application Form (September, 2023)
- Download the Guidelines to a good Recommendation Letter
APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO SEND ONLY ONE COMPLETE APPLICATION. DUPLICATE OR MULTIPLE APPLICATIONS WILL BE REJECTED. PLEASE NOTE THAT CANVASING WILL LEAD TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
For more information,