UNESCO Youth Leadership Workshop is for 50 young leaders around the globe to discuss, share, exchange, network and learn together.
Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) has focused on youth empowerment through global citizenship education since 2015.
Serving as a venue for mutual growth and partnership, the Workshop has trained over 400 young changemakers in different parts of the world.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
In 2023, APCEIU holds its 9th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED under the theme of “Global citizenship and youth empowerment for inclusive futures for all”.
The Workshop will invite the active global citizens who aspire to work together to build a more inclusive society for all by combating the inequality through innovation, commitment, solidarity, and common vision and hope for a better future.
UNESCO is the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization. It seeks to build peace through international cooperation in Education, the Sciences and Culture. UNESCO’s programmes contribute to the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals defined in Agenda 2030, adopted by the UN General Assembly in 2015.
To be considered for the offer, you must:
- Applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Born between 1995 and 2004
- Citizens of the Official Development Aid (ODA) recipient countries (*Applicants only from Official Development Aid (ODA) recipient countries are eligible for the application. Refer to the Annex for the list.)
- Minimum 2 years of active experience in youth activities
- Completion of the e-learning course titled “GCED for Youth” on GCED Online Campus (www.gcedonlinecampus.org) before the application deadline ?Course Certificate must be attached in the applicaton.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Duration and Reward
- Intensive & interactive 2-week Online workshop with experts
- Networking with youth leaders around the world
- Invitation to APCEIU’s international youth & educators’ network
- WIN A MENTORSHIP & GRANT opportunity!
＊ After the Workshop, a Grant Competition will be opened for the graduates. Grants of up to maximum $1,000 and mentorship opportunity will be awarded to the selected winners! (Mentorship: May – June (1 month) & Project Implementation: June- November 2023)* *Exclusively for the selected winners only
- Application must be submitted online by 9 April 2023.
- Notification of selection will be sent by 14 April 2023 via email. (No additional individual contacts shall be made other than sending a notification email.)
- All selected participants must register by 16 April 2023 at the latest.
Method of Application
- Please go to the website via www.gcedonlinecampus.org and sign up.
- Log in and from the Courses in the lefthand toolbar, click « Courses by Registration » and apply « “GCED for Youth”
- Complete and pass the course by finishing all assignments by 9 April 2023