The United States Institute of Peace (USIP) Peace Scholar Fellowship programme awards non-residential fellowships to PhD candidates enrolled in U.S. universities who are writing doctoral dissertations on topics broadly related to conflict management, peacebuilding and relevant security studies.
Since 1988, the programme has supported the dissertations of 371 young scholars, many of whom have gone on to distinguished careers in research, higher education, and policy making.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host Country: United States of America (USA)
- Study Abroad: Study in USA
- Category: Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship | $20,000 Stipends
- Deadline: October 6, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
This programme partners with the Minerva Research Initiative to support additional fellowships relating to topics on peace and security studies.
Currently, the programme awards up to 18 scholarships per year, and awards support both the research and writing stages of work on dissertations.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the fellowship, pay attention to the following requirements:
- Open to Ph.D. candidates enrolled in U.S. universities who have successfully completed all of the required classwork and any required comprehensive exams.
- Non-U.S. citizens are eligible to apply, however they must be Ph.D. candidates currently enrolled at a U.S. university. Students at international and satellite universities are not eligible.
- All applicants must be Ph.D. candidates at the time of application. Master’s students or other students pursuing graduate coursework are not eligible to apply.
- There is no age requirement for Peace Scholars.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-US: 2023 John Carroll University Merit Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Toronto School of Management (TSoM) Scholarship For International Students
Duration and Reward
USIP funds up to 18 Peace Scholars for a 10-month, non-residential fellowship.
Peace Scholars receive stipends of up to $20,000 for the academic year, paid directly to the individual in three tranches. Peace Scholar awards may not be deferred.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- A confirmation of your eligibility, must be a Ph.D. candidate
- Your personal and contact information
- Letters of recommendation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Optional links to publications.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below
Deadline: October 6, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region