University of the Western Cape MasterCard Scholarship is a global initiative designed to develop the next generation of transformative leaders by enabling highly talented, service-oriented young people, primarily young Africans, to pursue their higher education and cultivate their leadership potential.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Program is specifically targeted towards young people whose access to higher education is impeded by economic and social barriers.
The Program places a particular emphasis on reaching young women, forcibly displaced youth, and young people living with disabilities.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
- Host: MasterCard Foundation | UWC
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accommodation | monthly Stipend | Travel Allowance
- Deadline: July 24, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The University of the Western Cape (UWC) is pleased to announce the launch of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UWC.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UWC will support academically talented youth from South Africa and other parts of the African continent. For the 2023 Academic Year, the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at UWC will provide fully-funded opportunities for young scholars from the African continent to study for a master’s degree.
At the time of application, an applicant must satisfy the following three criteria:
- Be no older than 30 years for the postgraduate master’s degree;
- Meet the University’s minimum admissions requirements (for program-/discipline-specific information, visit www.uwc.ac.za);
- Be prepared to begin their first year of registration for full-time master’s study in 2023.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The Scholarship includes;
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
Postgraduate Qualification: Master’s Degree – Disciplines/fields of study:
- Humanities & Arts (Applied Linguistics, History, Gender Justice, Migration Studies, Sociology for Development);
- Community & Health Sciences (Public Health);
- Economic & Management Sciences (Development Studies, Information Sciences and Migration Studies);
- Law (Governance and Human Rights);
- Natural Sciences (Biological, Computational, Mathematical and Physical Sciences).
Method of Application
Download an application form (click here) and email the completed form and supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org. The closing date for all applications is Monday, 24 July, 2023. Due to the large volumes of applications received, we are unable to give personalised feedback to applicants.
If you do not hear from the university by Thursday, 3 August 2023, please consider your application unsuccessful.