Mitacs Globalink Research Internship is a highly competitive initiative that attracts talented researchers to Canada.
Each year, interns from select Mitacs partner countries and regions come to Canada for 12 weeks from May to October to undertake research projects at Canadian universities.
The objective of Globalink Research Internship is to build a bridge between Canada and emerging international research talent.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Mitacs is a national, not-for-profit organization that has designed and delivered research and training programs in Canada for 20 years. Working with 70 universities, 6,000 companies, and both federal and provincial governments, we build partnerships that support industrial and social innovation in Canada.
Mitacs was founded in 1999 as a Canadian Network of Centres of Excellence, dedicated to supporting applied and industrial research in mathematical sciences and associated disciplines.
To apply for a Globalink Research Internship, students must:
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or combined undergraduate/master’s program at an eligible institution (see list of eligible institutions by country under the Student Application tab)
- Have one to three semesters remaining in their program as of Fall 2024
- Meet the grade requirements for your country of study:
- GPA requirements by country will be updated in June 2023
- Be available to complete a 12-week internship, arriving in Canada between May 1 and July 31, 2024, and returning to their country of study between July 31 and October 31, 2024
- Possess a valid passport that is valid until at least January 2025 (more information about passport below)
- Student applicants must provide in their application:
- An official transcript from the home university, in English or French. If you cannot obtain an English or French transcript, you must submit a translated and notarized copy before the application deadline
- At least one letter of reference from a professor or research supervisor
- A CV detailing research experience
- Apply to a minimum of three, maximum of seven, projects and ensure selections are from at least three different Canadian provinces
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Duration and Reward
Globalink research interns receive:
- A matched project with a Canadian professor and university, based on their research interests, skills, and expertise
- Round-trip airfare to Canada (amount varies depending on country of origin)
- Transportation from airport in Canada to accommodation
- Stipend for housing (amount varies depending on country of origin)
- Health insurance
- Stipend towards student enrollment fees up to a maximum of $300
- Stipend for food and incidentals (amount varies depending on country of origin)
- Support from student mentors on campus in Canada
- Registration for industry events and professional development courses
- Globalink Research Internship certificate of completion
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.