Applications are now open for The 2022 United Nations University Internship for young professionals at the university campus in Tokyo.
The programme is a paid 4-month internship in Japan for highly qualified applicants to work as Junior Fellows at the UNU headquarters in Tokyo.
The underlying principles of the Junior Fellows Internship Programme at the Office of the Rector are centered on creating a dynamic, challenging, and rewarding experience for graduate-level students and young professionals.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host Country: Japan
- Category: Internships | Training | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Salary
- Deadline: May 29, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The United Nations University Office of the Rector recruits highly qualified applicants to work as Junior Fellows at the UNU headquarters in Tokyo.
Successful candidates will contribute to the work of the Office of the Rector, the United Nations University, and the UN system as a whole. The programme provides opportunities for the development of new skills and knowledge and is a unique and constructive setting for the practical application of capacities acquired through graduate studies.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the United Nations University Internships, you must:
- be currently pursuing or has recently completed (within two years of application) postgraduate studies (master’s or doctoral), preferably in a field related to the University’s work;
- be under 32 years of age at the time of application;
- not have more than 5 years of work experience in their related field;
- have a native or fluent command of written and spoken English;
- has excellent research, writing and analytical skills;
- be able to establish and maintain effective working relations with people from diverse backgrounds;
- demonstrate resourcefulness and creativity in problem-solving;
- be advanced computer skills: sound, hands-on, knowledge of MS Office applications (familiarity with ICT tools and high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel are desirable);
- have demonstrated interest in the work of the United Nations and more specifically, in the work of the United Nations University.
- provide certification in English if they do not meet either of the two following criteria:
i. the applicant’s native language is English, or
ii. the applicant completed an undergraduate programme or is enrolled in a graduate program with English as the medium of instruction.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-US: 2023 John Carroll University Merit Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Toronto School of Management (TSoM) Scholarship For International Students
APPLY: 2023 University of Oxford Rhodes Trust Scholarship for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University Entrance Bursary Program For International Students
Internship Duration and Reward
- Interns who are not in receipt of financial support from other sources such as universities or other institutions will receive a stipend from UNU to partially subsidise their basic living costs for the duration of the internship.
- The monthly amount of the stipend will be determined for each duty station based on the stipend rates in effect.
- The stipend will be paid on a monthly basis and part-time internship arrangements are prorated accordingly.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- A current and complete CV
- Cover Letter
- Application form
- Funding form
- Letters of Recommendation and Recommendation form
- Language Certification
Method of Application
Click on the button below to commence your application if you are interested and eligible.
Deadline: May 29, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region