Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship is created to enable young African scholars to undertake research in which they are engaged in their home institution at a European university.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The scholarships are financially supported by the Coimbra Group member universities participating in this programme.
In this article, we will be giving you the full details of the information needed to submit a successful application
Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship Summary
- Host: Coimbra Group
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Sub-African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accommodation | Airfare Ticket | Stipends
- Deadline: April 5, 2024
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Details of the Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship
Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship have been providing, since 2008, young researchers from universities in Sub-Saharan Africa with the opportunity to spend a short period (generally 1 to 3 months) at a Coimbra Group University to carry out part of their research there.
Further details about the universities taking part in the Scholarship programme for young African researchers may be found directly on their own web site at the addresses included in the table below.
Eligibility Requirement for the 2024 Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship:
Intrested Applicants for the Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship must fulfil ALL of the following criteria at the same time:
- Be born on or after 1 January 1979.
- Be nationals of and current residents in a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Be current staff members of a university or an equivalent higher education institution in SubSaharan Africa.
- Be preferably of doctoral/postdoctoral or equivalent status.
- Be in possession of an acceptance letter/email from the tutor/partner with whom the work programme will be undertaken in the host institution. This document is mandatory.
- Use the Coimbra Group Office electronic application process.
- Apply for one university only. Multiple applications will not be considered valid.
- Submit all information in English only.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Benefit of the 2024 Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship
Successful candidates will access excellent academic knowledge in quality facilities.
The scholarships include
- financial support for tuition,
- living costs,
- airfares etc
Partner Univeristies for the Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship
In most universities the language of instruction is that of the country itself, but in many universities, it is possible to use English as the working language.
The following Coimbra Group universities are participating in the 2023 edition of this scholarship programme:
• University of Barcelona (Spain)
• University of Coimbra (Portugal)
• University of Cologne (Germany)
• Trinity College Dublin (Ireland)
• University of Granada (Spain)
• University of Graz (Austria)
• University of Groningen (The Netherlands)
• Istanbul University (Turkey)
• Jagiellonian University in Krakow (Poland)
• Leiden University (The Netherlands)
• University of Padova (Italy)
• University of Pavia (Italy)
• University of Poitiers (France)
• Charles University in Prague (Czech Republic)
• University of Salamanca (Spain)
• University of Siena (Italy)
• University of Turku (Finland)
• University of Würzburg (Germany)
How to apply for the 2024 Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship (Step -by-step Process)
Interested and qualified applicants for the 2024 Coimbra Group Short Stay Scholarship should follow the step-by-step process below.
- The online application is available until 5 April 2024 at midnight (Brussels time) on the Coimbra Group website:
- Only the universities listed in the table below are taking part in the 2024 edition of this Coimbra Group Scholarship Programme.
- The Coimbra Group Office will individually acknowledge each application received. Within two weeks of submitting the online application, candidates should receive an email from the Coimbra Group Office confirming whether their application has been validated or not.
- This will be the only acknowledgement of receipt. If candidates do not receive the confirmation message it means that their application was not submitted correctly or there was a technical problem. In that case, please contact email@example.com, no later than 19 April 2024.
- The dates and the structure of the visit which will be carried out in the academic year 2024/2025 at the host university will be agreed upon with the host tutor/partner university. All practical details concerning the mobility period, scholarship payment, certificates and visa procedures should be discussed with the host university and not with the Coimbra Group Office.