Islamic Economics Training Camp is organized by the Centre for Islamic Economics (CIE), Kulliyyah of Economics and Management Sciences (KENMS), International Islamic University Malaysia (IIUM) in collaboration with The International Institute of Islamic Thought (IIIT), and UIN al Raniry
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Thye are pleased to announce its 2023 Islamic Economics Training Camp (IETC 2023) wich will be held from 22 to 24 August, 2023
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
The program have the following Highlights;
- An intensive program on Islamic Economics and related fields.
- Designed for post-graduate students (exceptional final year undergraduate students can also be considered)– regardless of their field of study – who have a strong interest in developing their knowledge and research skills in the area of Islamic economics and related fields.
- Provides foundational and practical discussions on Islamisation of Human Knowledge, development of Islamic Economics (and related fields), as well as the role of Islamic economic institutions and policies.
- A unique feature of the program is that it combines academic scholarship and policy actions, including visits to relevant agencies and institutions.
The prospective applicant must be currently enrolled as a post-graduate student (or exceptional final year undergraduate student) preferably at universities within Southeast Asia, although applicants from outside the region can also be considered depending on availability of seats.
- Interested applicants should fill out the application form (including a 250-word statement on why the applicant wants to participate in IETC 2023 and what he/she hopes to accomplish); and submit it with the latest resume/C.V. and academic transcript
- Interested applicants should also submit a research proposal on any topic on Islamic Economics. Participants will be asked to present their research proposal during the IETC 2023, and winner/s will be given a small research grant to conduct research based on the proposal.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-Canada: 2024 University of Toronto Lester B. Pearson Scholarship for International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- IETC 2023 will be held at UIN al Raniry campus and Sabang Island, Acheh, from 22 to 24 August 2023.
- There is no fee charged for this program; expenses such as accommodation, food and local transportation are borne by the organiser.
- IETC 2023 participants are responsible to arrange and bear the cost of their travel to UIN al Raniry for the training camp. Nevertheless, The organiser will reimburse travel costs up to a maximum of RM500 all participants. All claims should be supported by valid/original tickets/receipts.
Method of Application
The application form can be found on CIE webpage at https://centre.iium.edu.my/cie/ the completed form and the required documents above must be submitted on or before 14 July 2023.
- Successful applicants will be informed through e-mail within 7 days of the closing date.
- Participants of IETC2023 are expected to prepare themselves before coming to the program based on IETC Preparation Kit, which includes reading materials and case studies.
- Medium of instruction: IETC 2023 will be conducted in English and the participants are expected to have good command of the language and able to communicate and express their thoughts and opinion effectively.