The ambition of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is clear: to contribute to a better world through outstanding education and ground-breaking research. We strive to be a university where personal development and commitment to society play a leading role. A university where people from different disciplines and backgrounds collaborate to achieve innovations and to generate new knowledge. Our teaching and research encompass the entire spectrum of academic endeavor – from the humanities, the social sciences and the natural sciences through to the life sciences and the medical sciences.
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam is home to more than 26,000 students. We employ over 4,600 individuals. The VU campus is easily accessible and located in the heart of Amsterdam’s Zuidas district, a truly inspiring environment for teaching and research.
The project and subprojects will be performed as a joint effort between Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Universiteit Twente. The project will be supervised by a team of professors of both Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Universiteit Twente, headed by the division SBI/prof. dr. ir. Bart Bossink. Project-leader is dr. Marlous Blankesteijn.
It involves a period of exchange between Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Universiteit Twente, to facilitate knowledge exchange between both universities on science- and tech-based entrepreneurship and -entrepreneurship education.
- MSc or equivalent degree in innovation studies, science and technology studies, science system assessment, management and organization of technological innovation,
- And/or an engineering or exact sciences background combined with a minor in entrepreneurship and/or innovation management.
- With a keen interest in science- and tech-based entrepreneurship
- Highly motivated to provide high-quality teaching;
- Willingness to participate in the exchange between VU Amsterdam and Universiteit Twente for a time period of approximately six months
- Willingness to learn Dutch;
- Proven management skills are a plus;
- Solid oral and written communication skills in the English language and comfortable working independently and in a team.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The appointment will initially be for 1 year. After a satisfactory evaluation of the initial appointment, the contract will be extended for a total duration of 3 years. Additionally, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam offers excellent fringe benefits and various schemes and regulations to promote a good work/life balance, such as:
- a maximum of 41 days of annual leave based on full-time employment
- 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus
- solid pension scheme (ABP)
- possibility to save holiday hours, for sabbatical leave
- child daycare facilities available on campus
- Perform research on didactics and the effect of science- and tech-based entrepreneurship education;
- Contribute to hands-on innovation in and development of high-level education at the Faculty of Science of VU Amsterdam;
- Facilitate knowledge exchange on science- and tech-based entrepreneurship education between VU Amsterdam and Universiteit Twente.
- Contribute to teaching and supervising activities (including supervision of MSc and BSc students) at the division of Science, Business & Innovation at the Faculty of Science of VU Amsterdam;
- Collaborate within the research team that is constructed for this project and subprojects;
- Participate in a European research network involving many leading scientific research institutes and infrastructures;
- Publish scientific articles and present research results at international conferences and journals; and
- Conduct research within the project’s scope leading to a dissertation and a PhD degree towards the end of the 4-year project.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to begin their application.