Julius Nyerere Masters Scholarship Programs was set up in 2009 in memory of Mwalimu Julius Nyerere who led Tanganyika to independence in 1961 and became the first prime minister and later president of Tanzania.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Nyerere received a scholarship in 1949 to attend the University of Edinburgh where he obtained a Masters of Arts degree that saw him study courses in English, Political Economy, Social Anthropology, British History, Economic History, Constitutional Law, and Moral Philosophy.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- Host: University of Edinburgh
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: African Country | Tanzania
- Reward: Full Scholarship | £13,500 Stipends
- Deadline: June 15, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
With their rich history, noted alumni and distinguished scholars, they have much to be proud of in our many centuries as a world-renowned university.
From Nobel laureates and Olympic champions to space explorers and prime ministers, the University of Edinburgh has been influencing history since it opened the gates to its first students in 1583.
They are the home of Britain’s oldest literary awards, the James Tait Black Prizes and Dolly the sheep, the first animal to be cloned from an adult somatic cell.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Julius Nyerere Masters Scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic excellence. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, the equivalent of a UK first class or 2.1 Honours degree at undergraduate level in a Humanities or Social Science subject.
- Candidates must submit a Personal Statement for the scholarship application which should clearly state why you are applying for this scholarship, along with your experience and aspirations in the field of Africa and International Development.
- Candidates must also arrange for two referees to submit reference letters supporting their application.
- Please note: The Nyerere Scholarship cannot be held alongside any other scholarship funding.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
APPLY: 2023 World Trade Organization (WTO) Young Professionals Programme for Developing Countries
Study-In-Netherland: 2023 Dutch Government Holland Scholarship For International Students
APPLY: 2023 Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) For International Students
APPLY: 2023 NNPC/NAOC/OANDO JV Scholarship Scheme For Nigerian Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The scholarship will cover Tuition Fees and an annual stipend of £13,500.
- The annual stipend will be paid in quarterly instalments following full matriculation. Payments are made in September and December 2023, and March and June 2024.
- Awards are made for one year only.
- The award cannot be held alongside any other scholarship funding.
Method of Application
In order to gain access to the scholarship application system, applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Please note that, following the submission of an application for admission, it can take up to ten working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web-based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance
- Eligible applicants will complete an online scholarship application.
- Information on how to apply will follow shortly
Deadline: June 15, 2023
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region