The WFP Innovation Accelerator and CGIAR will support selected teams through a comprehensive programme designed to accelerate the development of promising solutions and prepare them for scaling. Alongside financial, technical and business support, this includes the provision of scientific advisory, aimed to improve the innovator’s ability to create life-changing sustainability impact.
WFP Innovation and Accelerator Program Summary
WFP Innovation and Accelerator Program Details:
WFP Innovation and Accelerator Program is calling on innovators, entrepreneurs and changemakers to come forward with groundbreaking solutions that can drive resilience, ensure food and nutrition security, enhance climate adaptability and promote social cohesion and sustainability among communities battered by conflict and fragility.
Eligibility Requirements for 2024 WFP Innovation and Accelerator Program:
To be considered for the WFP Innovation and Accelerator Program:
- Your organization must be an established legal entity (for-profit, not-for-profit, social business, NGO, INGO).
- Your organization should have a presence or willingness to build a presence in one of the four countries of implementation (Jordan, Kenya, Nigeria or Yemen). This could take the form of a country office or other permanent presence, subsidiary, long-term operations or partnerships in the country.
- Your innovation addresses one or more of the priority innovation areas related to pressing challenges faced in the humanitarian space of the country of implementation.
- Your innovation should have reached the minimum viable product stage and is gearing up for scale.
- Your innovation should have a clear pathway to scale and a potential plan to implement during the six-month Sprint with the available funding.
- Applicants are expected to have strong intentions to collaborate with relevant humanitarian stakeholders, build relationships with CGIAR country offices, and connect with the innovation ecosystems.
- The applicants should demonstrate a clear need for research and development for the conceptual and commercial development of their innovation.
Benefits of WFP Innovation and Accelerator Program:
- Six-month Sprint acceleration programme combining business-oriented training, mentoring, and science-based technical assistance from the WFP Innovation Accelerator
- Access to the research network of CGIAR, the world’s largest publicly funded research-for-development organization
- In-country strategy workshop to kick off implementation
- US$30,000 equity-free grant for each of the winning innovations with a proven sustainable business model and scaling plan
- Exposure to national and international funders
- Post-acceleration support
How to Apply for 2024 WFP Innovation and Accelerator Program:
To apply for the WFP Innovation and Accelerator Program, interested and qualified applicants should use the “CLICK HERE TO APPLY” button below to proceed to the application page.