The African Union invites submission of essay from Young Africans for its 2022 Summit on Industrialization and Economic Diversification.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Participants with best essays will be given, certificate, Round trip from home country to the AU Summit, and the opportunity to present the essay to the Summit to leaders.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- 2022 Dalhousie University Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students to study in Canada | offers Full Scholarships and $50,000 annual stipend.
- Monash University GEMS Scholarship for Postgraduate Students | offers Full Scholarships and $29,900 annual stipends
- 2022 Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $29,000 annual stipends
- Host: African Union
- Category: Competitions
- Eligible Countries: African Countries
- Reward: AUC issued Certificate
- Round trip
- Deadline: September 30, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The essay contest is organized in an effort to harness the energy, creativity, and
initiative of the African youth in promoting a culture of sustainable development in
Africa, with a particular focus on industrialization and innovation in Africa.
It also aims to inspire African society to learn from the young minds and to think about
how each of them can make a difference in our continent’s future.
Theme: Industrialising Africa: Renewed Commitment Towards Inclusive and Sustainable Industrialization and Economic Diversification
- Arial size 12
- 1.5 spacing
- 2000 – 3000 words maximum
- PDF or MS Word version
The essay should be centred around the Summit theme, elaborate the challenges and
actions within the region and solutions to those challenges. It should also include one
of the AU Agenda 2063 aspirations:
- Aspiration 1: A prosperous Africa based on inclusive growth and sustainable
- Aspiration 2: An integrated continent, politically united and based on the ideals
of Pan-Africanism and the vision of Africa’s Renaissance
- Aspiration 6: An Africa, whose development is people-driven, relying on the
potential of African people, especially its women and youth, and caring for children.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the Contest, you must:
- Be from any African Union Member States
- Be in the age range of 15 – 35
- Submitted essay in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish)
- Submit original and unpublished essay
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Toronto School of Management (TSoM) Scholarship For International Students
Study-In-UK: 2023 University of Oxford Rhodes Trust Scholarship for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University Entrance Bursary Program For International Students
The three best essays will receive the following:
- 1st Prize
- AUC issued Certificate
- Round trip from home country to the AU Summit on Industrialization and Economic
Diversification in Niamey, Niger.
- Accommodation during the said Summit
- Present the essay to the Summit to leaders, and technical experts
- 2nd and 3rd Prize
- AUC issued Certificate
- Publication on the AUC website.
Method of Application
Contestants should know that the Copyright of the contested essays will be assigned to the organizer and only one entry per candidate is allowed.
Essay should be submitted to AIW2022@africa-union.org by the 30th of September
All authors must sign and submit the Attestation of Authorization form. Download the form here.
Deadline: September 30, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region