Recognizing the importance of qualified human resources for social advancement and sustainable development, the IsDB has been addressing human resources development in member countries alongside its development financing activities.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and the International Labour Organization (ILO) invite youth-led organizations, networks or coalitions to propose new and innovative ideas and solutions to support a just transition towards environmentally sustainable economies and societies for all.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host: Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and International Labour Organization (ILO)
- Category: Competitions | Training
- Eligible Countries: IsDB – ILO common member States
- Reward: $100,000 USD | Networking | Mentorship | Training
- Deadline: August 12, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and the International Labour Organization (ILO) recognize the leadership that young people have demonstrated in the fight against climate change and their key role in driving climate innovation, including amid the COVID-19 induced jobs crisis. To assist young people in further translating their activism, commitment and creativity into action, the two organizations have designed the “Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge Call”, with the overarching goal of promoting youth participation and skills for green jobs for a just transition.
To that end, the IsDB and the ILO invite youth-led organizations, networks or coalitions based in the IsDB – ILO common member States to propose new and innovative ideas and solutions that equip youths living in the IsDB – ILO common member States with the competencies required for supporting a just transition in their communities.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
For your proposals to be considered, you must meet the criteria below:
Any youth-led organizations, networks or coalitions with contractual and registered capacity that has been in existence for at least two calendar years prior to the call deadline. The applicant must be registered in IsDB – ILO common member States.
By organizations, networks or coalitions, we mean government agencies, employers’ and workers’ organizations, cooperatives, education and training institutions (including schools, training providers, and universities), NGOs and civil society organizations, and other educational and research institutions.
We accept ideas and solutions at any stage of development. They can be early-stage innovations or at a more advanced stage. They can be ideas to improve, expand and/or promote a solution that is already being implemented. They can be the idea of a single organization or involve a joint collaborative effort of different actors, such as governments, employers’ and workers’ organisations. In case of a teamwork, a project leader should be identified to coordinate the activities and to report to the IsDB and ILO.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Greece: 2023 Leventis Foundation Scholarships For Nigerian Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship For International Students
APPLY: 2023 Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Scholarship For International Students
- The program period will run between August 2020 and September 2020 for the competotion and;
- 20 October, 2020 to 3 November, 2022 for the mentoring training session.
- The top three ideas will be awarded USD 50,000; USD 30,000; and USD 20,000 respectively, to implement the proposed solution.
- Access to a network of skills innovators. The winners and shortlisted entries will join the ILO Skills Innovation Network.
- Participation in the Innovation Lab: Through boot camps and remote mentoring, the winning proposals will receive technical support to turn, refine, develop, and pilot their ideas. The duration of the lab is between three and six months, depending on the stage of development of the solution.
- The winning proposals will receive support to raise awareness of their ideas and solutions, including an invitation to attend COP 27, where they will present their projects; press articles in the media, videos, among others.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application form
- Budget Proposal
- Legal documents of group
- CVs of all team members
Method of Application
1st Application round
- Review the eligibility criteria for participation in the call, selection criteria for assessments, and the Terms and Conditions applicable to ILO Implementation Agreements specified in this Participants’ Guidelines.
- Fill in the Application Form (English) (Arabic) and submit by no later than 12 August 2022 (midnight Geneva time).
Before preparing the application form, please look at the list of Application Questions (English) (Arabic). We recommend preparing your application information and answers first using this list, as the online application form does not allow you to save an application before the submission. Also, please prepare a budget estimate using the Budget Template (English) (Arabic) and submit it on the Application Form.
Applications can be submitted in English or Arabic. Only the selected applicants for the 2nd application round will be contacted. No fee is required to participate in the Call for Proposals. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
2nd Application round
- If your proposal is among the top 10 applications submitted, the lead applicant will be requested to submit an extended project proposal.
- The successful finalists must be available to attend the online mentoring training session (20 October-3 November 2022) and the online final pitch event (7 November 2022).
Deadline: August 12, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region