The Paradigm Initiative Essay/Debate Competition is currently accepting entries from interested and qualified applicants.
Winners of the essay and debate categories shall be awarded with a laptop and a trip to Zimbabwe to attend the Paradigm Initiative festival.
Paradigm Initiative is a social enterprise that builds an ICT-enabled support system and advocates digital rights in order to improve livelihoods for under-served youth.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Australia, United Kingdom and Canada that offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Toronto Lester Pearson Scholarships for International Students| offers Full Scholarships and annual stipend.
- The King’s College London Bosco & Emily Scholarship for International Students to study in UK | offers Full Scholarships worth £22,500.
- 2022 North American University Foundation Scholarships for International Students to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships with $22,500 per year.
This year, Paradigm Initiative is celebrating its 15 anniversary in a dual event that will bring together Partners, Friends of PIN, Alumni, Volunteers, PIN Team members, and inclusion stakeholders. These events are PIN@15 in Lagos, Nigeria, on July 23, 2022, to commemorate PIN’s milestone, and The PIN Festival (PINFest) in Harare, Zimbabwe, on October 10 – 14, 2022.
As part of activities to commemorate this day. Paradigm Initiative is organising an Essay/Debate Competition for young and outstanding African youth between 18-20 years with passion and drive for digital rights and inclusion in the continent who want to make their voices heard.
- Argumentative Essay: Share an essay of not more than 1500 words on the topic: Are the Social and cultural norms in Africa impeding the realization of digital rights and inclusion?
- In the essay, take a stand for either FOR or AGAINST.
- A total of 8 candidates will be selected and divided into two groups of 4 each (FOR and AGAINST) to prepare for the virtual debate via zoom on Thursday, July 20, 2022.
- Debate winners will be announced during PIN Anniversary Dinner on Saturday, July 23, 2022.
- 4 outstanding candidates will be selected, two from each team, to compete at the grand finale.
To be considered for the competition, you must:
- Be African
- Be between 18 and 25 years of age
- Write essay not more than 1500 words
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Duration and Reward
- The debate finalists will win an all-expenses paid trip to Zimbabwe and a laptop set at the PIN Festival slated on October 10 – 14.
Are Social and cultural norms in Africa impeding the realization of digital rights and inclusion?
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should visit the official website of the Paradigm Initiative to submit their entry by clicking on the button below.