The United Nations Internship Program under the supervision of the UN’s Economic Commission for Africa is an avenue for African students to learn how to bring global solutions to the continent’s problems and take local solutions to the continent.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The Economic Commission for Africa (ECA) and Africa Sports Unified (ASU) launched in April 2021 the Programme of Work on Sport and Trade to leverage the ability for sport to support the inclusive implementation of the African Continental Free Trade Area (AfCFTA) by targeting youth, women and girls and persons with disabilities.
The programme aims to explore and leverage the linkage between the AfCFTA and sport through knowledge generation and stakeholder engagement. The programme will understand how building and growing an inclusive and sustainable sports ecosystem can promote regional cooperation, entrepreneurship, employability, innovation, manufacturing and ultimately inclusive intra-African trade.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host: UN Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) – Remote Work
- Category: Internships | Training
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Monthly Salary | Training Sessions
- Deadline: November 13, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The Internship program has three openings currently;
- Intern – Economic Affairs, I (Temporary Job Opening)
- Intern – Social Sciences, I (Temporary Job Opening)
- Intern – Economic Affairs (multiple positions), I (Temporary Job Opening)
Interested applicants shoul pay attention to the deadline date of the three available openings.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
- Applicants must meet one of the following requirements: (a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or (c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation;
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which includes a willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Greece: 2023 Leventis Foundation Scholarships For Nigerian Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship For International Students
APPLY: 2023 Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Scholarship For International Students
Study-In-France: 2023 Embassy of France Scholarships For Nigerian Students
APPLY: 2023 Aig-Imoukhuede Foundation Public Leaders Programme for African Students
Duration and Reward
The internship is for six (6) months.
The internship is UNPAID and full-time. It is fully home-based. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively. Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately. Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication. Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience. Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others. Places team agenda before personal agenda. Supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position. Shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Method of Application
Use the link provided below to access the application portal.
A completed online application (Motivation Statement and Administrative Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
- Degree Programme (What are you currently studying?)
- Graduation Date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from the programme?)
- List the IT skills and programmes that you are proficient in.
- List your top three areas of interest.
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
- Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Programme.
In your online Administrative Profile, be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: November 13, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region