The Afreximbank Research Sabbatical Programme offers individuals from academic or research institutions the opportunity to undertake relevant research contributing to the Bank’s intellectual leadership in fulfillment of its mandate.
The Bank is interested in research activities along the following key themes:
- Intra-African Trade & AfCFTA Implementation
- Industrialization and Export Development
- Trade Finance Leadership
- Financial Sustainability
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Position: Open primarily to senior lecturers / senior researchers from recognized Universities, research institutions or similar organisations. The programme is highly competitive and entry shall be based on merit.
Thematic Areas: The Bank is seeking for professionals who are interested in conducting research in the areas of intra-African trade and investments, including Intra-African Trade & AfCFTA Implementation, Africa’s industrialization & export development, trade finance leadership, financial sustainability and/or any other areas that are relevant to the Bank’s mandate.
Nationality: Applicants must be nationals of one of the Bank’s member/participating states.
Language: Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Knowledge of the Bank’s other official languages will be an added advantage (French, Arabic, or Portuguese).
Period: Ready to commit to the Bank for a period of one (1) calendar year on a non-renewable basis.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete an online application form on the Bank’s website and submit it electronically along with:
- Current CV and cover letter
- A defined plan of research activities with specific research outcomes, deliverables and timelines as well as supporting material that underpin the likelihood of achieving those outcomes and deliverables.
- Recommendation letter from present employer, confirming that the candidate’s job will still be available at the end of the sabbatical.
- Copy of valid passport.
- Certified copies of relevant academic certificates.
- Short statement of intent (maximum of one A4 page) indicating why they should be considered for the programme.