Africa No Filter MasterCard Grants Program is looking for storytellers in Africa and the Diaspora to create exciting content that shows a continent that’s taking action against climate change.
The content should be original, and across a diverse range of topics. Either of the formats below would suffice:
- Conversations with climate activists.
- Communities turning the tide against climate change.
- Profiles of entrepreneurs and innovators in the climate space.
- Original content not depicting Africa as a broken and dependent content or showing Africans as lacking agency.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Are you an African podcaster, blogger, TikToker, or vlogger passionate about telling stories of climate change in Africa beyond news that focuses on disasters and climate crisis?
Content creators will receive grants worth up to $5000 to produce new content, as well as networking opportunities and support to amplify their content. All content shall be delivered in English, Arabic or French.
To be considered for the grant, you must:
- Open to African content creators based anywhere in Africa and the Diaspora.
- Content creators must be aged over 18 years, with a track record of producing climate content.
- Content creators must have more than two years’ experience producing podcasts, blogs, vlogs, and social media content about climate action in Africa.
- Content creators must have a combined audience of at least 5,000 followers on Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Content creators must not be represented by an agent or apply representing an organization.
- Content creators can be individuals or a maximum of three hosts.
- Content creators must have demonstrable passion for telling African climate stories beyond the usual stereotypes of poverty, disease, conflict, poor leadership, and corruption.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Duration and Reward
- Content creators will receive grants worth up to $5000 to produce new content, as well as networking opportunities and support to amplify their content.
Method of Application
Screening of submissions – We shall review applications on a rolling basis. Kindly note that incomplete applications shall not be considered.
Submit an online application on Africa No Filter’s website. Include a short write-up about how your idea tells a climate story beyond stereotypes, and links to your social media pages, as well as your blog/vlog/Tiktok page.