Atlas Corps Fellowship engages global professionals committed to social impact in 12-18 months of service with organizations in the U.S. to learn best practices, build organizational capacity, and return home to create a network of global leaders.
Atlas Corps is accepting applications from communications and digital marketing professionals to be considered for the Fellowship.
Fellows will develop their skills by serving at mission-driven organizations to create engaging content, manage social media, and develop marketing campaigns to increase visibility and engagement.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
These Fellows will also support the Atlas Corps mission of strengthening U.S.-based organizations by contributing their international perspective and expertise to advancing social impact goals.
Candidates may use their skills and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Brand and Social Media Management
- Content Production & Graphic Design
- Digital Marketing
- Public Relations
Please note that the above descriptions are only examples and not intended to be a comprehensive overview of this skill area, nor a precise description of each Fellow role.
Candidates for this fellowship must have a college degree, be highly proficient in English, be no older than 35, and be committed to applying their experience in their home country or region after the program. Candidates should also have two years of experience in communications and digital marketing.
Desired Eligibility Criteria: Applicants do not need to possess all of the desired eligibility criteria. However, competitive candidates for this opportunity will meet some of the preferred eligibility criteria.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to think creatively;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Multitasker with the ability to manage several processes simultaneously and prioritize;
- Team-builder with the ability to comfortably work across teams and departments with people from around the world, as well as an ability to work with different working styles; and
- Flexibility, open-mindedness, and tolerance for uncertainty and risk.
Software experience might include (but is not limited to):
- Graphic design software tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign, or Canva
- Social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, or TikTok
- Website management tools such as WordPress, Squarespace with CSS & HTML skills
- Email marketing tools such as Mailchimp or Salesforce
- Other communication tools such as Google Analytics, Optimizely, Clicktale, Hootsuite, Sprinklr, or YouTube
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-South Africa: 2024 University of Cape Town Mastercard Scholarship For International Students
Duration and Reward
Fellows will also participate in the Atlas Corps Global Leadership Lab professional development series to develop their leadership skills and engage in networking opportunities with Atlas Corps Fellows from around the world.
There is also the opportunity to participate in group cultural activities such as a D.C. Monuments Tour, sporting events, U.S. holiday celebrations, and more. In addition to building connections with peers during the Fellowship, alumni will also join the Atlas Corps network of approximately 1,700 rising leaders from 116+ countries.
Method of Application
Does this sound like the right opportunity for you? Applicants interested in the Atlas Corps Fellowship for Communications and Digital Marketing Professionals should go through the same online application process as other applicants for the Atlas Corps Fellowship. Visit apply.atlascorps.org to learn more and start your application. The deadline to receive priority consideration for a Fellowship in 2024 is July 30, 2023.
If Communications / Digital Marketing is not your primary skill, learn more about other priority areas at apply.atlascorps.org.
Mark Skill 1 on your application as Communications / Digital Marketing and closely follow instructions and examples. If you have secondary skills that complement your primary skill set, mark these skills as Skill 2 or Skill 3 on your application.
Compile work samples demonstrating your experience and responsibilities in this skill set, which will be required in the application.