Mwalimu Nyerere Fellowship Program envisions at nurturing, mentoring, training, challenging, engaging, defining, and transforming the young generation of African leaders into responsible and dedicated true Pan-African leaders of the continent who will propagate Unity, Peace and People-Centered Development.
This fellowship offers a unique opportunity for 60 young leaders from different countries of Africa to learn, grow, and collaborate with like-minded individuals from diverse backgrounds in addressing challenges of Africa.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
This program is convened in Tanzania every November, in line with the African Youth Month. The 2nd cohort of the program is slated on November 2023 and young people are invited to show their interest to the program by making this first application.
The program is organized by The Mwalimu Nyerere Foundation – MNF, in partnership with the United Nations Institute of Training and Research – UNITAR and in collaborations with Tanzania Government through Prime Minister’s Office, Labour, Youth, Employment and Person’s with Disabilities; The Ministry of Information, Youth, Culture and Sports – Zanzibar; and Africa-Asia Youth Foundation.
We welcome interested applications from young Africans who meet the following criteria:
- Passionate about leadership and social change.
- Demonstrated commitment to Pan-Africanism, unity, peace and people-centered development.
- Willingness to learn and grow as a current/future leader of Africa.
- Ready to use the knowledge to be obtained in the program in transforming their local communities.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Study-In-South Africa: 2024 University of Cape Town Mastercard Scholarship For International Students
Duration and Reward
Selected fellows will be part of an enriching experience that includes:
- Partially funded costs whereby all local costs during the program are covered by organizers, while the participants takes care only their visa and travels to and from Tanzania,
- A series of comprehensive training workshops focused on leadership, peacebuilding, and social justice.
- Mentorship opportunities with experienced Pan-African leaders, offering invaluable guidance and support.
- Networking events, enabling fellows to connect and collaborate with other young leaders from across the continent.
- A culminating summit where fellows will have the opportunity to share their learnings, experiences, and insights on realization of the Africa We Want.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.