Each year, The Faculty for the Future fellowships, Launched by the Schlumberger Foundation, are awarded to women from developing and emerging economies who are preparing for PhD or post-doctoral study in the physical sciences and related disciplines at top universities for their disciplines abroad.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Grant recipients are selected for their leadership capabilities as for their scientific talents, and are expected to return to their home countries to continue their academic careers and inspire other young women.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host: Schlumberger Foundation
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | PhD Scholarships | Post-Doc | Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All Developing Countries
- Reward: Full Sponsorship | USD 40,000 – USD 50,000
- Deadline: November 11, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Schlumberger was born of an idea—that if an electric field could be generated below ground, voltage measurements at the surface could be mapped to reveal subsurface structure.
Following two years of lab and field testing, the first map of equipotential curves was recorded in 1912 using very basic equipment. The result confirmed the method while revealing underground features, such as bed boundaries and the direction of formation layer dips.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
Applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Be a woman;
- Be a citizen of a developing country or emerging economy;
- Wish to pursue a PhD degree or Post-doctoral research in the physical sciences or related disciplines;
- Have applied to, have been admitted to, or are currently enrolled in a university/research institute abroad;
- Wish to return to their home country to continue their academic career upon completion of their studies;
- Be very committed to teaching and demonstrate active participation in faculty life and outreach work to encourage young women into the sciences;
- Hold an excellent academic record.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University McCall MacBain Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-US: 2023 John Carroll University Merit Scholarships for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Toronto School of Management (TSoM) Scholarship For International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Faculty for the Future grants are awarded based on the actual costs of studying and living in the chosen location, and is worth USD 50,000 for PhDs and USD 40,000 for Post-doctoral study.
Grants may be renewed through to completion of studies subject to performance, self-evaluation and recommendations from supervisors.
A successful application will have gone through four selection rounds, with the reviewers paying particular attention to the following criteria:
- Academic performance;
- Quality of references;
- Quality of host country university;
- Level of commitment to return to home country;
- Commitment to teaching;
- Relevance of research to home country;
- Commitment to inspiring young women into the sciences.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below.
Deadline: November 11, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region