The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2022/2023 Federal Government Scholarship Awards for:
BILATERAL EDUCATION AGREEMENT (BEA)
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Hungary and Egypt;
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Romania.
FIELDS OF STUDY
- Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), Pilot Engineering, Neurologist and
- Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and PhD) in all fields.
- Host Countries: Russia | Morocco | Hungary | Egypt | China | Serbia | Romania
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Country: Nigeria
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Deadline: Unspecified
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The Federal Scholarship Board (FSB) is a Department of the Federal Ministry of Education headed by a Director, as the Secretary of the Board.
It has no Governing Board as the name/nomenclature suggests. The Scholarship is available for all Nigerian student.
- UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Seven (7) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2020 & 2021) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2021) only. Age limit is from 17 to 20 years.
- POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D.
- i) Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and
- ii) Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer.
General Note for all Applicants
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one-year foreign Language course of the Country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction;
iii) All applicants for Hungarian Scholarship can apply for up to two fields of study in order of preference, and must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu which was opened 18th November 2021 to close 15th January, 2022.
- Complete the application form online,
- vi) All applicants for Russian Postgraduate Scholarship must have acquired their 1st Degree in Russia;
- v) All Applicants to upload the following certificates online;
- UNDERGRADUATE (UG): WAEC/WASSCE
- POSTGRADUATE (PG): 1st Degree Certificate, Masters Degree WAEC/WASSCE
Indigine letter & NYSC discharge Certificate.
Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of the current International passport;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
- Birth Certificate & Indigine letter
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
Method of Application
All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website www.education.gov.ng and click on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application Form