The 2022 University of Hamburg Degree Completion Scholarship is open to interested and qualified international students.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The scholarship is offered to eligible international students as a grant of €8,640 (€720 per month) for a maximum period of twelve months.
Universität Hamburg is a center of excellent research and teaching. Universität Hamburg does not charge tuition fees for the vast majority of its programmes. In addition, the university offers a number of scholarships and grants to international students, making studying at Universität Hamburg affordable for everyone.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, and Canada, offering full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Manchester Future Scholarships for International Students | offers Full Scholarships worth £28,000 annual stipend.
- 2022 Rhodes Scholarship at Oxford University for International Students to study in the UK | offers Full Scholarships and £17,310 annual stipends
- The Missouri University of Science and Technology Scholarship for International Students in the USA | offers Full Scholarships and $24,000 annual stipends
Universität Hamburg assists its international students in successfully completing their degrees with degree completion grants.
International students studying in fee-based degree programs are eligible for this grant in exceptional cases, but they will not have priority in the selection procedure.
To be considered for the grant, you must:
- be already enrolled at Universität Hamburg;
- not be a German citizen;
- not be eligible for the federal student loan scheme;
- be preparing for or are in the final examination phase of your studies;
- have no financial support during this phase (proof required).
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- As a rule, the funding period for the degree completion grant is 6 months.
- The maximum monthly funding amounts to €720. Funding amounts are based on income.
- If the final examination is not completed within the 6-month period, an extension may be requested. The maximum funding period is 12 months.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form
- reason for your application
- schedule detailing all steps leading to your final examination
- an evaluation from the supervisor of your final thesis
After you have submitted your online application, please submit the following documents in person to the program coordinator during office hours by the application deadline:
- your residency permit
- copies of bank statements from all checking and savings accounts from the last 3 months together with evidence of any other assets you hold.
Method of Application
Only applications completed in full and submitted within the application deadline can be considered. Please start gathering together your application documents early and have these ready to upload to the application portal.
For your application you will require an evaluation from your examiner. Your examiner must be a professor employed at Universität Hamburg full time who teaches and researches independently in his or her discipline.
The evaluation must demonstrate that you are expected to complete your final examination within the period of funding for which you are applying. Please ensure that the evaluation is submitted by the deadline.
Click on the button below to commence your application for the scholarship.