The 2022 University of Verona Scholarships are now open for International Students who are hoping to pursue a postgraduate degree in Italy.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The scholarship is a fully-funded award of €16,243 annually plus a €1,624 annual research grants for successful candidates for three or four as their corresponding programmes require.
Interestingly, the scholarship will be increased by 50% during the authorised study periods abroad, even to PhD students who do not hold a scholarship.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, and Canada, offering full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Miami Scholarship for International Students in the USA | offers Full Scholarships and a $12,000 annual stipend, laptop and accommodation.
- 2022 Koç University Scholarships for International Students in Turkey | offers Full Scholarships and $6,034 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
The University of Verona hereby announces a public selection for admission to its PhD programmes for the XXXVIII cycle, academic year 2022-2023, with the awarding of no. 121 scholarships.
The details of each PhD programme, including the number of places and scholarships available, the criteria for the evaluation of qualifications (if provided), the dates of the admission exam sessions, the language, methods and criteria for selection are detailed in subsequent headings below.
To be considered for the scholarship, you must:
- Hold an Italian-equivalent university degree such as Laurea magistrale, Laurea specialistica or Laurea “vecchio ordinamento” (before Reform no. 509/1999); or
- Hold an academic qualification (i.e. Master of Science/Art) awarded by a Higher Education Institution which allows access in the issuing Country to further studies at academic institutions at the PhD level;
- Professional degrees (e.g.: Master in Business Administration – MBA, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery – MBBS, ecc.) do not grant access to the PhD programmes.
- Applicants who will complete their Master’s degree by the deadline for enrolment in the PhD programme are also entitled to apply, provided that the enrolment procedure will be closing by the end of August.
- Applicants who are already enrolled in a PhD programme at the University of Verona may transfer to a different PhD programme (only if it offers a place without scholarship),
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Netherlands: 2023 Leiden University Excellence Scholarships (LexS) For International Students
Study-In-Switzerland: 2022 University of Geneva Excellence Masters Scholarship for International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The annual amount of the PhD scholarship is equal to Euro 16,243.00 gross of INPS social security charges as provided by law to be paid by the recipient.Scholarships are awarded for the entire duration of the PhD programme (3 years/36 months, 4 years/ 48 months) and instalments are paid on a monthly basis.
- The first instalment of October 2022 will be paid at the end of the same month provided that the student has submitted all the documentation required and is correctly enrolled in their PhD programme by 24 September 2022. Otherwise, a two-months instalment will be paid at the end of November.
- The scholarship will be increased by 50% during the authorised study periods abroad, even to PhD students who do not hold a scholarship
- From the first year of the programme, every PhD student (with or without scholarship) shall be guaranteed a research budget of not less than 10% of the annual scholarship amount in order to support his/her research activity in Italy and abroad.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents (pdf format) to show that their degree grants access to PhD courses;
- Bachelor’s degree certificate showing the exact name of the degree and the final score, supported by a certificate with a full list of the exams taken, the grades achieved and the academic grading scale (academic transcript/transcript of records);
- Master’s degree certificate showing the exact name of the degree and the final score, supported by a certificate with a full list of the exams taken, the grades achieved and the academic grading scale (academic transcript/transcript of records);
- Diploma Supplement (if available);
- Any other document considered as relevant to evaluate the applicant’s academic qualifications.
- The official documents listed above, if issued in a language other than Italian or English, must be accompanied by a legal translation in either Italian or English, under penalty of exclusion.
Method of Application
- Applicants can submit their application from 9 May 2022 to 8 June 2022 at 12.00 noon (Italian time, GMT+1), exclusively using the online form
- After filling out the online form, applicants should print a hard copy of it, sign it and send it together with the attachments listed in Annex 1 – PhD programmes information sheets EXCLUSIVELY by email to email@example.com by 8 June 2022, 1.00 p.m. (Italian time, GMT+1).
- Applicants may apply for more than one PhD programme. For this purpose, they must complete a separate online application form for each programme and send it together with the specific documentation
- Successful applicants are admitted to the PhD programmes in merit-based ranking order until all the available places on the programme have been granted. If the same marks have been scored by two or more candidates
- To read more about this scholarship, click here
Click on the button below to commence your application.