Applications are invited from suitably qualified students all over the world for the Lithuanian Government Scholarships 2022-2023 for short-term studies in eligible courses. The scholarship will provide funding for 1-2 semesters in a Lithuanian institution of higher learning.
This scholarship program is for higher education institutions in Lithuania.
“Study in LT” is a non-commercial national information and support centre for students who wish to study in Lithuania. Our aim is to inform the future foreign students, their parents and others about Lithuanian higher education system and nuances of living in Lithuania. Please note, that the application process is handled by each individual university. Visas are granted by embassies, diplomatic missions and consular posts of the Republic of Lithuania.
The Lithuanian scholarship will provide funding support to 15 students including full tuition award, monthly allowance and other support.
The scholarship program aims to assist candidates who are entering higher education institution for short-term studies in Lithuania. Lithuania has a long-standing higher education culture and contributes to foreigners.
To be considered for the Lithuanian Government Short-Term Scholarships 2022, applicants are to meet the following conditions:
- The candidate has to receive an official approval of acceptance (Conditional Agreement) from the Lithuanian higher education institution.
- The candidate has to be a student, lecturer or researcher (researchers in linguistics or philology only) of higher education and research institution of all countries of the world (except Russian citizens).
- The candidate has to have good knowledge of Lithuanian, English or other language required to study in the chosen study programme.
- Priority will be given to applicants who study or teach at Lithuanian science centers; formally or informally study Lithuanian language, history and culture as a subject at the home institution.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The scholarship will provide funding for 1-2 semesters in a Lithuanian institution of higher learning.
- Successful applicants will receive a monthly scholarship of approx. 630 EUR.
- Tuition fee will be covered.
- Any other fees such as a student union fee, a library membership.
- Travel and accommodation costs covered.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Completed application form
- The Conditional Agreement for studies.
- One recommendation letter.
- Certificate of proficiency in Lithuanian or English language
- Letter of motivation.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for the Lithuanian Government Scholarships 2022 are to complete an online application by the application deadline.