Start your academic journey with the Switzerland Government Scholarship.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Every year, the Switzerland Government through the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship provides full funding and monthly stipends for international students to study in Switzerland.
The Switzerland Government Scholarship provide graduates from all fields with the opportunity to pursue masters, doctoral or postdoctoral research in Switzerland at one of the public-funded universities or recognized institutions.
Application for the 2024 Switzerland Government Scholarship is now Open. You are required to make a submission to your country’s Swiss Government Representative from Sept to Dec.
In this article, we will explain the details of the Switzerland Government Scholarship, its benefits and how to submit your application.
Switzerland Government Scholarship Summary
- Host Country: Switzerland
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships | Post-Doc
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipend | Accommodation
- Deadline: November 30, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Switzerland Government Scholarship Details:
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship is sponsored by the Switzerland Government, through the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS), awards various postgraduate scholarships to foreign scholars and researchers:
The research scholarship is available to post-graduate researchers in any discipline.
Also, beneficiaries must be planning to come to Switzerland to pursue research or further studies at the doctoral or post-doctoral level.
Switzerland Government Scholarship are awarded for research or study at all Swiss cantonal universities, universities of applied sciences, and the two federal institutes of technology.
Only candidates nominated by an academic mentor at one of these higher education institutions will be considered.
Art scholarships are open to art students wishing to pursue an initial master’s degree in Switzerland.
Art scholarships are awarded for study at any Swiss conservatory or university of the arts. Only those who have already been awarded a place to study may apply. This scholarship is available to students from a limited number of countries only.
Switzerland Government Scholarship Requirements:
Before you can apply for the Switzerland Government Scholarship, here are the requirements. Candidates must:
- Hold a university degree (Bachelors/Masters) on commencement of the scholarship.
- Be able to demonstrate their academic abilities and what they aim to achieve.
- Contact the institution and/or the professor supervising their period of research. Universities may request supplementary information and/or set certain additional conditions to determine whether or not you qualify for admission.
- Be under the age of 35 (born on or after 1st January 1987).
- Be suitably proficient in the language of instruction (French, German, Italian, or English) in order to draw full benefit from their studies in Switzerland.
For more details on requirements that might be specific to your country, you are encouraged to visit the country-specific fact sheets.
Benefits of Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship
The scholarship covers a monthly payment, exemption of tuition fees, health insurance, airfare, special lodging allowance, etc. See the fact sheets for exact scholarship benefits.
Criteria to win Switzerland Government Scholarship 2024
The Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship assesses scholarship applications according to three criteria:
- Candidate profile
- Quality of the research project or artistic work
- Synergies and potential for future research cooperation
- Applications are subject to preliminary selection by the relevant national authorities and/or the Swiss diplomatic representation. The short-listed applications are then assessed by the Federal Commission for Scholarships for Foreign Students (FCS) which subsequently takes the final decision.
The Federal Commission for Scholarships in Switzerland is composed of professors from all Swiss public universities. Scholarship awards are decided on the basis of academic and scientific excellence.
How to Apply for Switzerland Government Scholarship 2024
To apply for the Swiss Government Excellence Scholarship, you will be required to secure a nomination from an academic mentor at your university of choice in Switzerland.
- Visit the official scholarship page and select your country of origin according to your passport.
- Find out about the types of scholarships available, eligibility criteria and application deadlines for your country. For more information and questions, you can contact the address provided in this list of contacts
- Read the Application Guidelines for your scholarship of choice and follow the instructions.
- Prepare your application and submit two complete copies to the Switzerland Government office in your country of origin according to the list of contacts by the deadline.
- For more information about the Switzerland Government Scholarship, visit the official scholarship page by clicking the button below.