The 2022 Chevening European Bank of Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) internship applications have commenced for interested and qualified candidates willing to gain experience in the European Bank of London.
The internship is a fully funded opportunity with stipends for selected candidates to gain more experiences in market-oriented economies and the promotion of private and entrepreneurial initiative.
Interns have the opportunity of working in a world-class environment of an international bank at convenient hours while gaining first-hand experience.
Several other internships are available in the United States, Turkey, United States and Canada.
The 2022 Turkey International Local Authorities Internship Program | Offers fully funded one-week training programme in Turkey
- World Trade Organization Internships for Young Graduates | Offers internships in Switzerland with $1860 Monthly Stipend
- 2022 OPEC Fund Internship Programme (Undergraduates and Graduates) | Offers training in OPEC countries with attractive salary.
Under the supervision of the Financial Products team within the SME Finance & Development Group, the intern may support joint advisory and finance programmes.
Interns will be to provide support to the team members working on a number of programmes critical to the bank’s current SME strategy, including a Star Venture programme covering early stage start-ups and the EBRD’s Women in Business programme for women entrepreneurs.
- 1-3+ years of business finance, entrepreneurship, or relevant business experience
- Master’s degree from a leading university preferably in Economics, Business, Development, International Relations or similar.
- Computer literacy
- Good understanding of and interest in financial inclusion issues of SMEs in emerging markets
- Some relevant experience of the EBRD Countries of Operations an advantage.
Key skills requried:
- Very good written (report writing, correspondence, communications material) and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Office applications especially good command over Microsoft Excel
- Proven analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to work independently
- Passion to learn and grow in EBRD.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Internship starts in July/August
- The format and timeline of the programme may change, depending on developments of the Covid-19 pandemic. EBRD will inform candidates and coordinate adaptations to the course when necessary.
- Dependant on the working conditions of successful applicants and according to their visa and/or university conditions.
Under the supervision of the Financial Products team within the SME Finance & Development Group, the intern may support joint advisory and finance programmes in:
- In general your tasks will be to provide support to the team members working on a number of programmes critical to the bank’s current SME strategy, including a Star Venture programme covering early stage start-ups and the EBRD’s Women in Business programme for women entrepreneurs.
- Data gathering, research and providing background information into thematic, donor or country priorities.
- Organisation and support to the management of upcoming events or workshops in the EBRD region of operation.
- Administrative and analytical support in specific areas of project monitoring.
- Active coordination between different teams in the EBRD and with external consultants.
- Preparation of short case studies about successful projects.
- Preparation of outreach materials and ad-hoc briefings when needed.
- Assistance with the management of joint programmes, including supporting the monitoring and reporting processes.
- Ad hoc assignments as requested.
Method of Application
Interested applicants are invited to send CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org with the email title ‘EBRD internship, Chevening candidate – candidate name/nationality’.
Successful applicants will be announced on June 10.
Please review the role description, key skills, education and experience to assess whether you match the criteria specified for the role.