The United Nations is currently offering eligible doctoral students DAAD Scholarships to engage them in policy-oriented research, capacity development, and dissemination of knowledge.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The United Nations University DAAD Scholarships will provide a monthly stipend of €14400 per year for the duration of the Doctoral Research up to a maximum of four years.
While the Doctoral programme is tuition-free, the stipend is expected to cover all living and education expenses. An additional allowance for travel or research will also be part of the scholarship offered by the DAAD.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, and Canada that offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- Government of Canada Vanier Graduate Scholarships for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and $50,000 annual stipend.
- Swansea University ESPRC Scholarship for International Students to study in UK | offers Full Scholarships worth £16,062 annual stipend.
- 2022 University of Maine Postgraduate Scholarships for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and $25,334 annual stipends.
- Host: United Nations
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Tuition fees
- €14400 stipends per year
- Deadline: July 10, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
United Nations University for Integrated Management of Material Fluxes and of Resources (UNU-FLORES)
UNU-FLORES develops strategies to resolve pressing issues in the sustainable use and integrated management of environmental resources such as water, soil, waste, energy, and other geo-resources that are of concern to the United Nations and its Member States – particularly in developing and emerging economies. Based in Dresden, Germany, the Institute engages in research, capacity development, postgraduate teaching, advanced training, and knowledge dissemination to advance.
UNU-FLORES is delighted to announce a Doctoral Researcher opportunity as part of the DAAD Graduate School Scholarship Programme. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to conduct research work under one of three topic areas under the guidance of supervisors at both UNU-FLORES and Technische Universitaet Dresden. Students will also collaborate with fellow doctoral students and senior scientists in research, event organisation and participation, publications where possible, and contribute to the Implementation Plan of UNU-FLORES and the mission of the United Nations. As a facet of the project, the students must consider the impact of their research on communities, and the potential for their research to be transferred upon completion of the doctorate.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the United Nations University DAAD Scholarship, you must:
- Have an excellent academic profile including a Master’s degree at least grade 2.5 or equivalent according to the German system
- Have at least two years of experience in relevant field
- not have been in Germany for longer than fifteen months at the time of nomination
- Have the ability to conduct inter-and transdisciplinary research;
- Possess experience in communication with multiple stakeholders;
- Experience in drafting reports, communications, and presentations is required;
- Strong conceptual abilities; knowledge of geographical information systems and/or statistical methods and climate change scenarios would be desirable;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Experience in inter and transdisciplinary research, including interactions with relevant authorities and stakeholders;
- Strong planning, organisation, and time management skills, with the ability to communicate clearly and efficiently
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Greece: 2023 Leventis Foundation Scholarships For Nigerian Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Amazon Future Engineer Scholarship For International Students
APPLY: 2023 Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Scholarship For International Students
Study-In-France: 2023 Embassy of France Scholarships For Nigerian Students
APPLY: 2023 Aig-Imoukhuede Foundation Public Leaders Programme for African Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The DAAD-GSSP pays a monthly stipend of EUR 1200 for the duration of the Doctoral Research (up to a maximum of four years).
- The stipend is expected to cover all living and education expenses. While the Doctoral programme is tuition-free, semester fees of approximately EUR 250-300 will need to be paid directly to TU Dresden for enrollment.
- The DAAD can also provide health insurance and introductory German classes. An additional allowance for travel or research will be part of the scholarship offered by the DAAD. Details will be shared with nominated candidates.
- A completed and signed Doctoral Programme application form
- A letter of motivation confirming which project you are applying for;
- A Curriculum Vitae;
- A list of publications;
- A summary of the doctoral project (max. 1 page);
- A work schedule and timetable for the doctoral project, including details of any upcoming phases abroad/field research;
- Copies of ALL university degrees and transcripts;
- Proof of internships completed;
- Evidence of language skills (see application form);
- Abstract of MSc thesis (or equivalent);
- Two recommendation forms (from two of your university professors).
Candidates who do not provide all required documents will not be considered. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Please submit the documents as one PDF file (please note you must upload your file on the apply page where it requests the P11 Form)
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by a competency-based interview, background checks, and references.
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to begin their application.
Deadline: July 10, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region