CIPM Annual Essay Competition focuses on the impact of the ‘JAPA’ syndrome on the national economy. Prizes include up to N125,000, HRM books, networking opportunities, and more.
In a bid to foster intellectual growth and research acumen among Nigerian students, the Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM) has recently announced its 2023 edition of the Annual Essay Competition. This prestigious event beckons students from across Nigerian universities and polytechnics to contribute their insights on a timely and crucial subject matter.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
Table of Contents
The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria (CIPM) announces its 2023 Annual Essay Competition for Nigerian undergraduates.
The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria was established as an umbrella Association for Practitioners of Personnel Management in 1968 as the Personnel Management Association of Nigeria. In 1973, it was renamed as Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria. Finally, Act No 58 of 1992 chartered the Institute.
Students are encouraged to delve deep, present empirical evidence, and adhere to international journal standards in their writings.
- Participants must be undergraduates from Nigerian Universities or Polytechnics.
- Essays should exhibit originality, empirical rigour, and should be both locally and globally relevant.
- Entries should not exceed 3,000 words and must follow the APA referencing style (6th edition).
- Use Times New Roman, 12-point font size and maintain a double line spacing. Submissions should be in MS Word format only.
- Plagiarism won’t be tolerated; any hint of it will result in immediate disqualification.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Duration and Reward
Winners can look forward to impressive rewards:
- 1st Prize: N125,000 & 2 HRM books
- 2nd Prize: N100,000 & 2 HRM books
- 3rd Prize: N75,000 & 2 HRM books
Additional Perks include:
- A pathway to an expansive network of employers.
- Complimentary student membership registration with CIPM (for non-members).
- An all-expenses-covered trip to the CIPM 2023 International Conference & Exhibition in Abuja.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- A valid ID Card from the participant’s institution.
- Admission letter from the participant’s institution.
- A recent passport-sized photograph.
- Current mobile number and e-mail address.
Method of Application
The Heart of the Matter: The Essay Topic
This year’s essay contest pivots around an intriguing subject: “THE JAPA’ SYNDROME AND ITS EFFECT ON NATIONAL ECONOMY: THE WAY FORWARD
To enter, participants must scan and compile the below-listed documents along with their essay into a single submission. Entries should be emailed to: email@example.com.
- Only those making the shortlist will receive communication.
- Previous winners are not permitted to enter again.
Queries? Reach out to “Charity” at 0817 658 2368 or drop an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.