NRF-MINDS Postgraduate Scholarship identify academically gifted African scholars from resource-challenged backgrounds to pursue postgraduate study in some of the best universities across the continent.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Over a period of five years, MINDS will fund and support 45 Honours and Master’s scholars to study at African universities outside their country of origin, while the NRF will contribute funding for 50 Doctoral scholars from the rest of the continent based at South African universities.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- Host: National Research Foundation (NRF)
- Study Abroad: Study in Africa
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships |
- Eligible Countries: All African countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipend
- Deadline: July 11, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The DSI and NRF are pleased to announce a call for new applications for DSI-NRF Postgraduate Student Funding for the academic year 2023.
All continuing students who are eligible for a second or third year of funding must submit a Progress Report and not a new application.
The scholarship programme will support postgraduate students in critical fields for the continent – African Heritage; Water-Energy-Food Nexus; Smart Economy; ICT; Artificial Intelligence and Robotics; and Health. These students will directly contribute to creating a pool of young leaders committed to playing a critical role in achieving a more integrated African economy with accelerated growth generating positive outcomes that benefit all of its countries.
- Be a citizen of an African country other than SA, residing in any African country
- Be thirty two (32) tears of age and or younger on 31 December in the year of application for the doctoral scholarship and
- Be intending to pursue full-time doctoral studies with effect from the following academic year of the year of application at a SA public university.
2O23 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship period will run for the period of study.
- The monthly stipend is allocated on the basis of program
Method of Application
All the postgraduate students will be expected to apply on the NRF Connect System by accessing the link: https://nrfconnect.nrf.ac.za/. No manual applications will be accepted.
urther instructions on the application process will be made available in the DSI-NRF Postgraduate Student Application and Funding Guide for 2024. Table 4 shows the cut-off dates for students to apply for scholarships at each postgraduate level of study. Additionally, applicants must please familiarise themselves with the NRF Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and NRF Statement of expectations for Postgraduate Training document.