University of Groningen Talent Grants is for one-year Master’s programme in Theology & Religious Studies.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
To be eligible for this grant, you must have gained admission into the university of Groningen with one of the programs listed below in the course.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- 2023 GLOCAL Erasmus Mundus scholarships For International Students | offers Full Scholarship and €6,000 per year stipend (APPLY)
- 2023 Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships | offers Full Scholarships and stipends (APPLY)
- 2023 Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students | offers Full Scholarships and $29,000 annual stipend (APPLY)
A selection committee will review the applications. Students are selected on the basis of academic merit (i.e. results obtained in study programme, academic paper, overall evaluation of previous education etc.) and of the candidates’ motivational statements.
Decisions as to eligibility for awarding a scholarship are made in March (for the September intake). Applicants will be informed ultimately on 15 May.
The Talent Grant is financed by the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies. The scholarship is aimed at international students from OUTSIDE the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to do their Master’s in Theology and Religious Studies. The EEA consists of the EU countries and Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.
Students from countries outside the EU/EEA who have been admitted to one of the tracks of the Master’s programme in Theology & Religious Studies:
- MA Religion and Pluralism: Ancient & Modern;
- MA Religion, Conflict and Globalization;
- MA Religion and Cultural Heritage;
- MA Religion, Health and Wellbeing.
- Hold a non-EU/EEA passport and will not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans (” Studiefinanciering “)
- Have obtained conditional admission to one of the MA tracks in Theology and Religious Studies;
- H ave excellent academic performance and grades during their bachelor/ undergraduate studies;
- Not have already obtained a master’s degree from an educational institution in the Netherlands;
- Have excellent English language proficiency, in accordance with the admission requirements of the program;
- Be available for the whole period of the programme and be able to take part in the entire programme;
- Confirm in writing their agreement with the Grant when awarded with the Talent Grant.
2O22 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The grant is € 5.000,- and is awarded for a 1 year Master’s degree programme in Theology and Religious Studies.
Please note As the Talent Grant does not amount to a full scholarship, you should acquire additional funding in order to fully finance your study. One of the requirements for being granted a residence permit in the Netherlands is that students must submit proof that they have sufficient financial means to finance their study period in the Netherlands.
The University of Groningen advises a budget, not including the tuition fee, of approx. € 10.000 to € 14.000 per year to cover the costs for rent, insurance, living expenses, course books and local transportation. How much money students actually spend will of course depend on their life style and spending habits.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Copy of your University of Groningen (conditional) admission letter to the MA Theology and Religious Studies programme from the Admission Board;
- Recommendation letter by a PhD or Professor from your current/last degree programme;
- Transcript of Records from your current/last degree programme;
- Letter of motivation (in Word) of a maximum of 500 words, in which you indicate why you believe you should be considered for this grant;
- Curriculum Vitae.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified applicants should apply using the link below
- Please send the form and documents to email@example.com
- To apply for the Talent Grant, you should f ill in the application form
NB: Please note: application forms without a letter of admissions to one of the above mentioned programmes will not be processed.