The Gates Cambridge Scholarships is one of the most prestigious international scholarships in the world and offers full funding for postgraduate studies.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Scholarships are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2022 University of Michigan-Dearborn Undergraduate Scholarship in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $10,000 annual stipend.
- The 2022 DAAD Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship to study in Germany | offers Full Scholarships and €12,444 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Maine Scholarships to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $23,000 annual stipends
- Host Country: United Kingdom (UK)
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries (Except UK)
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Maintenance allowance-£18,384 | Travel costs | Visa
- Application Opens: September 15, 2022
- Deadline: January 3, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship programme was established in October 2000 by a donation of US$210m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge; this is the largest ever single donation to a UK university. The first class of scholars came into residence in October 2001.
Each year Gates Cambridge offers c.80 full-cost scholarships to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. Approximately two-thirds of these awards will be offered to PhD students, with approximately 25 awards available in the US round and 55 available in the International round.
You can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship if you are:
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- One year postgraduate course (with some exceptions – see below)
Courses which are NOT eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
- Any Undergraduate degree, such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Canada: 2023 University of Waterloo Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) for International Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
A Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge including
- Tuition fees,
- maintenance allowance (£18,384 for 12 months at the 2022-23 rate),
- travel costs,
- visa, etc.
It also provides additional, discretionary funding such as academic development funding, family allowance, fieldwork, etc.
Read about the full scholarship value at this link.
What we are looking for
Our Scholars come from diverse backgrounds and each brings something unique to the programme.
We use four criteria to select them.
- Academic excellence
- Reasons for choice of course
- A commitment to improving the lives of others
- A capacity for leadership
- A note on the ratio of PhD:Masters awards
Method of Application
Applicants submit their application for admission and funding (Gates Cambridge and other funding) via the University’s Graduate Application Portal.
To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course and a College place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section.
There are two Gates Cambridge application deadlines: 12 October 2022(for US citizens resident in the USA) and either 1 December 2022 or 5 January 2023 depending on the course (for all other eligible applicants).