The 2022 American University Global Leader Scholarship is currently open for eligible international students to study in the USA.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The American University Global Leader Scholarship will cover the costs of tuition and accommodation fees for the successful candidate to pursue a four-year degree at the university in Washington DC.
American University is a leader among Washington DC universities in global education and is home to more than 1,830 international students representing diverse cultures and viewpoints from 123 countries.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, UAE, and Canada that offer full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- 2022 Khalifa University Graduate Scholarship for International Students | Offers full scholarships with $39,205 Annual Stipends
- Boston University Presidential Scholarships for International Students to study in the USA | offers Full Scholarships and $25,000 annual stipends
- 2022 University of Queensland Undergraduate Scholarship for International Students | offers Full Scholarships and $60,000 annual stipends
- Host Country: USA
- Study Abroad: Study in USA
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Tuition fees
- Deadline: December 15, 2022
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
The American University Global Leader Scholarship promotes educational access and opportunity while enhancing international diversity.
Bringing together the best of AU – academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement – the AU Emerging Global Leader achieves, inspires, and serves with vision.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the Scholarship, you must:
- Be an international student
- Be enrolled in or have already begun any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the United States.
- Have graduated secondary school earlier than 2021.
Preference will be given to:
- International students who have overcome various obstacles and challenges as well as those from diverse and underrepresented global and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A minimum 3.8 GPA equivalent out of 4.0 GPA (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- A demonstrated commitment to leadership, volunteerism, community service, and to advancing the needs of people in their home country.
- Students with one of the following:
- 95+ TOEFL iBT (all subscores must be 20 or above)
- Sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017)
- 7.0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or above)
- 33 minimum SAT Reading subscore
- 29 minimum ACT English
- 65 minimum PTE
- 120+ Duolingo (all subscores must be 110 or above)
- Cambridge Assessment English score of 185 or higher. Each sub-score must be 169 or higher.
- Students who are still enrolled in secondary/high school and graduating by June 2023.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Singapore: 2023 Nanyang Technological University Scholarships For International Students
Study-In-Colombia: 2023 WHO/TDR Postgraduate Scholarship for Developing Countries
Study-In-UK: 2023 UWE Bristol Chancellors Scholarship For International Students
Study-In-UK: 2023 Queen Mary University DeepMind Scholarship For International Students
Study-In-Greece: 2023 Leventis Foundation Scholarships For Nigerian Students
Scholarship Duration and Reward
The AU EGL scholarship covers all billable AU expenses (full tuition, room, and board) for one international student who will need a visa (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa) to study in the United States.
The AU EGL scholarship is renewable for a total of four years of undergraduate study, based on continued satisfactory academic performance.
Method of Application
- Complete the online AU EGLS application; the application will be available September 1, 2022.
- Submit a bank letter and the AU Certification of Finances (AU CFIS) form – each demonstrating a minimum of U.S.$4,000. These can be uploaded via your Future Eagle Portal or sent by fax to +1-202-885-1025. Examples of bank letters and the AU CFIS form template
- Submit your official TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo English, PTE, or Cambridge Assessment English Test score results by December 15, 2022 at the latest. Please have official English proficiency score reports sent directly to American University Undergraduate Admissions.
- Complete and submit the Common Application or Coalition Application, together with all supporting documents per checklist by AU EGLS priority deadline of December 15, 2022, or by January 15, 2023 at the latest. Please note that preliminary AU EGLS application packet must include a bank letter confirming a minimum of US$4,000 (not US$73,802). Students who do not submit a complete application packet with all supporting documents by the deadline will not be reviewed.
- If you are applying through a program supported by EducationUSA or if you are a past FLEX or YES high school scholarship recipient from the U.S. Department of State, please provide a letter from your EducationUSA center’s adviser confirming your candidacy. You may request for the letter to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as a PDF.
- If you are not selected as one of the finalists, you may still be considered for admission to American University, Washington, DC and eligible for partial merit scholarships. However, to continue the application process, you will need to submit proof of funds totaling U.S.$73,802 (estimated costs for first year of study).
- Zoom interviews and additional essay submissions will be required for AU EGL semi-finalists and finalists. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Click on the button below to commence your application process.
Deadline: December 15, 2022
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region