The Lagos SDGs Youth Alliance is a government-backed initiative leveraging the actionable force of over 5 million young people dedicated to accelerating progress towards the U.N. Sustainable Development Goals in Lagos state.
As part of the strategic efforts towards making substantial progress in the actualisation of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the Lagos State Government led by Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has taken the SDGs as a great priority and infused in the state’s development agenda codenamed THEMES (Traffic Management and Transportation, Health and Environment, Education and Technology, Making Lagos a 21st Century Economy, Entertainment and Tourism as well as Security and Governance).
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- 2023 Bond University HDR Scholarships to study in Australia | offers Full Scholarships and $29,863 annual stipends
- 2023 Mo Ibrahim Foundation University of London Scholarships to study in UK | offers Full Scholarships and €5,000 annual stipends
- 2023 Erasmus Mundus Joint Masters Scholarships to study in Europe | offers Full Scholarships and €1500 Monthly Stipend.
The SDGs is an ideology that the Lagos state government has embraced to get every citizen to live a fulfilled and impactful life, and the T.H.E.M.E.S agenda is helping in scaling these developmental efforts. The Lagos State Government Office of SDGs and Investment has established a participatory structure that encourages ideas, principles, policies, efforts towards these goals.
The SDG Academy is an online platform that offers free, high-quality massive open online courses (MOOC) to provide deeper knowledge of sustainable development. SDG Academy brings together world-renowned experts on a range of topics including health, education, climate change, agriculture and food systems, sustainable investment and other related fields.
There are four guiding principles for the SDGs:
- Universality: the goals apply in every country, including Canada.
- Integration: achievement of any one goal is linked to the achievement of the others.
- Aspiration: there is a need to move past business as usual and seek transformational solutions.
- Leaving No One Behind: success depends on the inclusion of the poorest and most vulnerable.
The 17 Sustainable Development Goals are
- No Poverty
- Zero Hunger
- Good Health and Wellbeing
- Quality Education
- Gender Equality
- Clean Water and Sanitation
- Affordable and Clean Energy
- Decent work and Economy Growth
- Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- Reduced Inequalities
- Sustainable Cities and Communities
- Responsible Consumption and Production
- Our House is on Fire
- Life Below Water
- Life on Land
- Peace, Justice, and Strong Institution
- Partnership for the Goals
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Method of Application
SDGs cover poverty, hunger, health, education, climate change, environment, gender equality, clean water, clean energy, decent work, cities, oceans, and much more.
Apply for any SDGs phase of your choice using the link below