Wageningen University Africa Scholarship Programme (ASP) offers talented and motivated students from Africa the unique opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree at Wageningen University and to support capacity building in Africa.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
Wageningen University & Research is a collaboration between Wageningen University and the Wageningen Research foundation. The strength of Wageningen University & Research lies in its ability to join the forces of specialised research institutes and the university.
It also lies in the combined efforts of the various fields of natural and social sciences. This union of expertise leads to scientific breakthroughs that can quickly be put into practice and be incorporated into education.
More scholarship opportunities are ongoing in countries across Europe, the United States and Canada. Check out some selected opportunities below:
- 2023 GLOCAL Erasmus Mundus scholarships For International Students | offers Full Scholarship and €6,000 per year stipend (APPLY)
- 2023 Swiss Government Excellence Scholarships | offers Full Scholarships and stipends (APPLY)
- 2023 Florida State University Scholarship for Postgraduate Students | offers Full Scholarships and $29,000 annual stipend (APPLY)
- Host Country: Netherlands
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Monthly Stipend | Visa Fee | Airfare Tickets
- Deadline: February 1, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Available scholarships: 10
Application deadline for MSc programme: 1 February 2023
Start MSc programme: 1 September 2023 or February 2024
To be considered for the IMES, you must:
- You are a citizen of an African country.
- You have applied for one the master’s programmes of Wageningen University & Research before the given deadline. Please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme?
- You are an excellent and a proven top 5% student with a First class honours degree and a GPA of 80% or higher in a Bachelor degree.
If you do not meet all of the above requirements, you are not eligible for the Africa Scholarship Programme and you will not be invited for the selection procedure.
2O22 ONGOING SCHOLARSHIPS
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Components of the scholarship:
- Travel to and from Wageningen
- Living allowance for the duration of the programme (24 months)
- Tuition fee coverage for the duration of the programme (24 months)
- Visa costs and costs for health insurance
- A budget for one seminar in Europe (travel, stay, registration fee)
- A budget for participation in the ‘Future Potential Programme’
In March 2023, all students who have been unconditionally admitted to an MSc programme at Wageningen University will be assessed with regard to the Africa Scholarship Programme.
A selected group of candidates will be invited by e-mail on March 20, 2023 to participate in the ASP selection procedure. Only candidates who are invited to take part in the selection procedure will receive an e-mail.
The selected candidates will be invited to write an assignment for which the deadline will be April 3, 2023.
After a thorough assessment of all received assignments, a smaller selection of candidates will be invited for an online interview with a part of the selection committee. Candidates who have submitted an assignment will be informed on April 17, 2023 whether or not they will be invited for an online interview.
The Skype interviews will take place between April 20 and April 28, 2023.
Method of Application
If the requirements that are stated above apply to you, and you have applied for an MSc programme before the given deadline, you could be eligible for an invitation to the Africa Scholarship Programme selection procedure.
For the MSc application please see: How can I apply for the master’s programme?
A list of Wageningen University MSc programmes can be found here.