Applications for the Swedish Institute Scholarship for Global Professionals are open to Master’s students from any of the 41 eligible countries.
We are on twitter, follow us to connect with us - @scholarsregion— Scholarship Region (@scholarsregion) January 13, 2022
The scholarship covers full tuition fees and SEK 11,000 monthly living stipend throughout one- or two-year Master’s programme.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals offers a unique opportunity to ambitious professionals who want to make a difference.
Several other scholarships are available in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and Canada that offers full scholarships and monthly allowances. Here are some suggestions you should check out;
- The 2023 Sciences Po Émile Boutmy Scholarships to study in France | offers Full Scholarships €19,000 yearly.
- The 2023 East Carolina University Scholarship to study in USA | offers Full Scholarships and $29,863 annual stipends.
- 2023 University of Calgary International Entrance Scholarship to study in Canada | offers $20,000 renewable Scholarships.
- Host Country: Sweden
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Selected Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship
- Tuition Fee
- SEK 11,000 ($969) Monthly Stipend
- Travel Grant
- Health Insurance
- Deadline: February 28, 2023
- Scholarship Alerts: To receive Scholarship Alerts on WhatsApp, Click HERE
Sweden Institute (SI) looking for ambitious professionals who want to make a difference. The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals offers a unique opportunity to develop professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other global professionals.
The scholarship is intended for full-time, one- or two-year master’s programme, and is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. The Swedish Institute open the call for applications once every year for master’s studies beginning in the autumn semester.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and to sustainable development. The applicants should have a clear idea of how their education will contribute to the sustainable development of their home countries and regions. In 2023 the Swedish Institute will grant about 350 scholarships for master’s degree studies in Sweden.
Join any of these WhatsApp Groups to receive Scholarship alerts on WhatsApp
To be considered for the Scholarship, you must:
- Be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships.
- Have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience.
- Have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employer, or from civil society engagement.
- Have followed the steps of University Admissions and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 30 of March 2023.
- Apply for Master’s programmes that is eligible for SI scholarships.
MORE SCHOLARSHIPS ABROAD | CHECK NOW
Study-In-Canada: 2023 Toronto School of Management (TSoM) Scholarship For International Students
Study-In-UK: 2023 University of Oxford Rhodes Trust Scholarship for International Students
Study-In-Canada: 2023 McGill University Entrance Bursary Program For International Students
Citizens of the following countries are eligible to apply to the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals:
Armenia; Azerbaijan; Bangladesh; Bolivia; Belarus; Brazil; Cambodia; Cameroon; Colombia; Ecuador; Egypt; Ethiopia; Gambia; Georgia; Ghana; Guatemala; Honduras; Indonesia; Jordan; Kenya; Liberia; Malawi; Moldova; Morocco; Myanmar (Burma); Nepal; Nigeria; Pakistan; Peru; Philippines; Rwanda; South Africa; Sri Lanka; Sudan; Tanzania; Tunisia; Uganda; Ukraine; Vietnam; Zambia; Zimbabwe.
However, you do not need to reside in the country at the time of the application.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The scholarship is intended for full-time, one- or two-year master’s programme
- Full tuition fee coverage paid directly by SI to your Swedish university in the beginning of each semester.
- The scholarship will provide a monthly payment of SEK 11,000 to cover your living expenses throughout the study period.
- Insurance against illness and accident.
- A one-time Travel Grant payment and does not apply for students already living in Sweden.
- Membership of the SI Network for Future Global Professionals (NFGP) – a platform to help you grow professionally and build a network while in Sweden.
- Opportunity to become a member of the SI Alumni Network. As a member, you get a unique opportunity for continued networking and professional development.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Application Form
- CV (SI-template coming soon)
- Letters of reference
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
- Motivation (will be asked of you in the application portal)
Method of Application
Regardless of all the eligibility criteria listed above, you are not eligible for the SI Scholarships for Global Professionals if you:
- Have already resided in Sweden for cumulatively two years or more, prior to the scholarship period (starting August 2023);
- Have previously been awarded a Swedish Institute scholarship for master’s level studies or research at a Swedish university/university college. Previous participants of the SI Summer Academy for Young Professionals (SAYP), and students who have attended SI summer courses in the Swedish language or the Swedish Institute Summer University (SISU) may still apply;
- Already hold a degree from a Swedish university/university college;
- Are currently enrolled in a study programme at a Swedish university/university college;
- Have a Swedish or EU/EEA citizenship, a Swedish permanent residence permit or a temporary work- and residence permit based on work or on family ties with a citizen of Sweden/EU/EEA country who has a temporary or permanent right of residence in Sweden; or
- have dual citizenship in countries not listed on the DAC list of ODA recipients 2022-2023.
Interested and qualified candidates should apply using the link below.
Deadline: February 28, 2023
Receive Scholarship Updates through our Social Media Channels:
- WhatsApp: Scholarship Region WhatsApp
- Facebook: Scholars Region
- Twitter: @scholarsregion
- Telegram: Scholarship Region